Return to Forum  

PAk 35

March 9 2007 at 1:29 PM
pglass 

Response to German AT guns?

You are right, there might have been a dozen of those Pak 35 guns in abyssinian service. But I left those behind on purpose: I donĀ“t have any reference that those guns were used by the Ethiopian Army. For instance, lots of german weaponry - unknown to me - were sent to Djibouti, but the French Government did hold all that at that port. The weapons ordered - from Krupp and Rheinmetall - ranges from 4-11 million deutsche mark. Just from Germany. For instance, some 3-5 Fieseler Stosser fighter trainers were on their way to Ethiopia - and an English Airspeed Viceroy (fitted as a bomber) too. I am so sorry that I do not have additional information on those weapons to pass to all of you... and to me too, of course!

It is difficult to tell what Ethiopian Government - and the warlords on their own - purchased before and during the conflict. The government tried to purchase additional armament from Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, France, and ... Japan! Try the following link and see...

http://users.ju.edu/jclarke/daba.htm

pglass

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement