Return to Forum  

PAk 35

March 9 2007 at 1:29 PM

Response to German AT guns?

You are right, there might have been a dozen of those Pak 35 guns in abyssinian service. But I left those behind on purpose: I donĀ“t have any reference that those guns were used by the Ethiopian Army. For instance, lots of german weaponry - unknown to me - were sent to Djibouti, but the French Government did hold all that at that port. The weapons ordered - from Krupp and Rheinmetall - ranges from 4-11 million deutsche mark. Just from Germany. For instance, some 3-5 Fieseler Stosser fighter trainers were on their way to Ethiopia - and an English Airspeed Viceroy (fitted as a bomber) too. I am so sorry that I do not have additional information on those weapons to pass to all of you... and to me too, of course!

It is difficult to tell what Ethiopian Government - and the warlords on their own - purchased before and during the conflict. The government tried to purchase additional armament from Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, France, and ... Japan! Try the following link and see...

Respond to this message   

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement