<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Board  

Worse Employers in POM & PNG

February 12 2011 at 9:38 AM
No score for this post

Who is the worse employer in PNG?
Give you rating, from 1-10, 10 being the worse.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sol

Re: Worse Employers in POM & PNG

No score for this post
February 12 2011, 5:09 PM 

how do you want it. Government sector, private sector or informal sector? I had experience in all of this 3 sectors and can say more than 10 if narrow the analysis!

ex LGL

LGL/Newcrest is the worst

No score for this post
February 13 2011, 12:39 PM 

I think Lihir Gold is one of the worst employer in PNG if I were to pick a company in the mining and oil sector. The working conditions and renumerations for national employees is the lowest of all the mines in PNG compared to expatriates. employees on 21days shift are overworked. Accomodation is a nightmare. 3, 4 or more people sharing a room. Nationals are not considered to hold high positions. No nationals hold a manager position. only 4 hold superintendent positions, 3 are at the community relations and 1 at the environment department. you have to work longer hours to get highly paid.

1985 OTML Apprentice intake

Rewarding Employees

No score for this post
January 8 2012, 1:57 PM 

I have been in the mining game as an apprentice to a trades person.
Alot of the minimum wage is set by the minimum wage board.
It is the duty of the elected MP to varfiy, review and coordinate over time with standard of living, besides that is your union of which you are affliated to,that ensure you are favourably rewarded under your enterprise Bargain Agreement. If you are not satisfied, then use your qualification and skills for a greener pasture abroad.
Thats what I did.

Cheer
EX OTML Apprentice

1985 OTML Apprentice intake

Rewarding Employees

No score for this post
January 8 2012, 2:00 PM 

I have been in the mining game as an apprentice to a trades person.
Alot of the minimum wage is set by the minimum wage board.
It is the duty of the elected MPs to varfiy, review and coordinate over time with the standard of living, besides that, it is your union of which you are affliated to,that ensures you are favourably rewarded under your enterprise Bargain Agreement or EBA. If you are not satisfied, then use your qualification and skills for a greener pasture abroad.
Thats what I did.

Cheers
EX OTML Apprentice

The Hunter

No score for this post
February 14 2011, 9:37 PM 

All Sectors, however private sector would be better.

Lukluk Raun

No score for this post
February 13 2011, 1:08 PM 

I'd say ALL ASIAN companies

kt

No score for this post
February 15 2011, 3:02 PM 

i worked in a managerial position in a big agro-industrial company for 10 years and for 2 years as a middle management public servant. I must say the public service job gave slightly lower perks but greater job satisfaction than the private sector job.

sol

No score for this post
February 15 2011, 12:09 PM 

Government sector
- All the national departments & provincial departments are pay structure is soo marginalised...the executives gets more pay than the many lower grades worker. lo narapela sait whoever seems to be rich working in a government department is either a thief or 'save pes' for the boss or executive. I Can say no one is more better than the other. Even Goevrnment statutory bodies like the arm force, Research & development org like NRI, NARI or government companies like MRA are just front page stories .... most of these stats bodies talk more than what they do...if you working with them you either be a contract staff with fix term benefits...yu yet bai pilim sapos yu wok inside one

Private Sector
- Mainly the worse employers are the retail buisiness runs by foreigner (yupla clicks)...the shops assistant tells me the pay is around K50-K100 depending on various work outputs etc....

...bai mi toktok moa bihain....mi nek drai

Papa blong Pikinini

No score for this post
February 15 2011, 8:02 PM 

Asian run group of companies like, WR Carpenters, CPL, Kenmore and RH.
They bring their own wantoks in, especially the cheap Indian and Filipino labourers to supervise and marginalize our wantoks.
Their pay to nationals are lousy!

worker

Daltron is owned by WR Carpenters

No score for this post
February 16 2011, 2:14 PM 

DALTRON is owned by WR Carpenters so it seems true to draw that conclusion

Papa Blong Pikini

Re: Daltron is owned by WR Carpenters

No score for this post
February 19 2011, 7:59 PM 

I am not surprised at Daltron.

Rumor has it that Daltron has a very high turn-over last year and the trend is continuing this year.

Next please!

Ex Telikom

Re: Daltron is owned by WR Carpenters

No score for this post
February 27 2011, 9:23 PM 

Telikom PNG is fast becoming a little India. All middle management jobs taken by Indians with no Master's qualifications.

Telikom HR is run by a former technician. No policies. Termination qualified, capable and experienced nationals is a weekly thing in Telikom.

From the best in the early 80s to becoming the worst Govt employer in 2011.

ET

ples

And who owns WR Carpenters?

No score for this post
February 28 2011, 2:33 PM 

We need to know the source of these ownerships!

Insider

WRC Not Bad

No score for this post
March 15 2011, 1:01 PM 

Malaysian based in UK is the owner. Not all are earning bad pay at WRC. WRC bought off the Companies the pay structure was carried forward from the last owner. Some nationals get really high pay while others don't. It's how you negotiate during interview. Sell your expertise!

Govt R&D

No score for this post
March 18 2011, 3:50 PM 

hi scapers,

My first time here and saw this post....I had an experience which I will share publiclly

I worked with PNG National Agricultural Research Institute (NARI) for 5 years and got K93 final entitilement and...anywhere anyone who had experinece of mistreatment by former employer and cannot get the union or lawyer is there any blogs we can contribute to

sori here is the details of my trouble copied from my e-mails few weeks after I resigned (names deleted but content stap)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Maisan,

Your final entitlements of K93.26 have been deposited into your account yesterday (17/3), and your travel repatriation fares have been paid to PNG Travel Services of K6,635.00.
Please advice receipt.
Regards,
sali

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 10:48 AM
To: sali
Subject: FW: Follow up
Importance: High

FYI

Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 5:37 PM
To: 'Anthony
Cc: aureko mary 'Susan'; ofara
Subject: RE: Follow up

Hi Anthony,

I am still waiting for some due response

Cheers
Maisan

Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 14:56
To: 'maisan
Cc: aureko.; mary.; 'Susan ; ofara

Dear Maisan
Your final entitlements include one way ticket to Manus and payment of Kina 52.88 after deduction of Kina 500 (outstanding loan) and Kina 125 (for lost mobile phone).
Hopefully these can be processed in the next few days.
Regards, Anthony
Sent: Monday, 28 February, 2011 12:40 PM
To: 'Arthur '; mary.
Cc: 'Anthony '

Dear Mr A,

Please indicate to me my finalized proceed has come through your desk.

I am seem too be persistent with my entitlement but its been a swaying following up for me.

Somebody needs to tell me if I am entitle or not.

Cheers
maisan

Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 08:15
To: 'maisan

Dear Maisan,

Thanks for the reminder. Your exit report has already been sent to HQ (Personnel & Administration Office) for their final processing.

You can contact the Personnel & Administration Office for that.

Regards

Ofara

Sent: Friday, 25 February 2011 6:58 PM
To: ofara.

Dear Mr Ofara,

Please give me updates on where my entitle process is at end.

Cheers
maisan

Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:20
To: 'maisan '
Cc: 'Gibson '

Dear Maisan,

We are finalizing your staff exit report which should be sent today. When HQ receive this report then your final entitlements should be processed.

Regards

Ofara

Sent: Thursday, 10 February 2011 12:06 PM
To: ofara.
Subject: Follow up

Dear Mr Ofara and Mr Gibson

Thank you very much for the support given to me and my family moving down to Kokopo last weekend.

Would one of you in a position to revealed how my entitlement processes is going about within? If its to early to know basis please keep me in the loop if anything comes out of HR.

Mr Woyengu mentioned something to me on his last e-mail to me - that is why I am enquiry if I am entitle to some niche from my employment period with NARI.

You both have a nice day

Regards
maisan

Mangi Warehouse

Re: WRC Not Bad

No score for this post
March 22 2011, 11:32 PM 

Insider, I am also an INSIDER at one of the WR Carpenters Subsidary.
Of course they pay "certain nationals well" while majority of the nationals are not paid properly.
Issues with contracts, interpretation of contracts, open ended clause in contracts that are often times manipulated to be in favor with WR Carpenters.

Majority of the nationals are treated like wheels on a vehicle, once the wheels become smooth, remove them and replace it with a new tyre, the rims are usually replace later.

screwdriver

Daltron has the largest turnover of staff

No score for this post
March 23 2011, 6:34 PM 

Daltron has the largest turnover of staff in Pom alone.

screwdriver

DALTRON has largest turnover of Staff

No score for this post
March 24 2011, 7:52 AM 

Daltron has the largest turnover of staff.
They are looking towards employing Fillipinos as Techs in the near future.
The so-called publicity about providing training to employees is all ********. Ask those who were lured by that to Daltron. You end up there and realise that you are asked to work and when you enquire about training, there will always be some excuse provided.

mangi

daltron

No score for this post
March 24 2011, 5:45 PM 

brada that is so tru..

thats the problem when u have a group of companies...

with the owner a asian who is focused on revenue ,,,,rather than

staff renumeration...

bloody f...ken a..holes....

Bata stret

Re: daltron

No score for this post
July 20 2011, 10:43 AM 

the worst employers are the recruiting agencies such as Air Energi, Placements, JDA and the list goes on. These companies are sucking the juice out of the workers they hired for their clients.
Most workers in the PNG LNG project are employed by these agencies and placed with Exxon Mobil and the EPC contractors and sun-con. Their contracts are manipulated in favour of these agencies.

em

More evidence that LNG project is a big ripoff of PNG

No score for this post
July 20 2011, 3:56 PM 

Thanks for that info. We certainly couldn't have Exxon Mobil make any less than the obscene profits it's used to making elsewhere in the world, can we? That's why we gotta pay PNGeans the bottom number.

neneve

Re: daltron

No score for this post
July 21 2011, 11:55 AM 

Trupla tok

Current Topic - Worse Employers in POM & PNG
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Board