Discuss personal, community and national health issues on this board. But remember, any advice you get here is not intended to substitute medical advice that your doctor can give you. Consult your doctor first!
MORE than 30 people, 10 of them children, have been admitted to Modilon Hospital and the Yagaun Health Centre with strong symptoms of cholera and provincial authorities have gone into full response mode.
The admissions come after the province had recently scaled down its cholera prevention status from high alert to stand-by mode a couple of weeks ago.
Madang Provincial Health Adviser Marcus Kachau said these cases are from a settlement (named) situated in the town.
Mr Kachau said the first of the admissions were made on Saturday evening and had exceeded 30 as of yesterday afternoon.
He said so far only one death had been reported. He said initial tests that had been carried out had proved negative but that the clinical presentations were ôstrongly suggestive of cholera.