Discuss personal, community and national health issues on this board. But remember, any advice you get here is not intended to substitute medical advice that your doctor can give you. Consult your doctor first!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Baord  

Traditional Male circumcision

October 29 2011 at 12:00 PM
No score for this post
Anxious 

Hi to scapers!
I hope i am posting in the right board.
I have a son and his father is NGI. It is customary to have sons go through initiation which involves being circumsised and as a mother who comes from a part of PNG that does not do this practice, it has me very anxious. i cant stop the initiation process from happening because i respect it is a part of my sons heritage and as a loving and ubmissove wife i have to go with it. I am hoping anyone who has gone through this can give me some advice on this issue in terms of the procedure, safety and how to help with the healing etc. i am very anxious and my tambus are not very helpful in that they say it is tabu to discuss what goes on in these traditional ceremonies... your honest comments and pointers would be greatly appreciated.. thanxs

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Wonder

Re: Traditional Male circumcision

No score for this post
October 29 2011, 1:24 PM 

Hi Anxious,

The best person to consult is your very own husband, your son' dad. He went through this in his boyhood. Why are you not getting all the information from your mate?

Just wondering!

Wonder,
Swamper

.BONES

No score for this post
October 31 2011, 11:45 AM 

Your son should be OK! To be honest I went through the initiation and here I am all healthy and of sound mind! :D

Been there.

No score for this post
October 31 2011, 4:06 PM 

Mother, just let him go through. It healthy for him.Simple as that.

me cutim too

No score for this post
October 31 2011, 11:02 PM 

You should be glad they don't practice sodomy as a ritual like some areas do, that would be bad for his manhood..but cutim kok em liklik samting..I did mine on my own..didn need anyone to do it for me..

medicaltestexplained

Good for him

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 7:40 PM 

Dear Madam
It seems that you are anxious about the idea of your son going through circumcision. It is natural for one to feel that way by patients & relatives before operation. Try talk to your doctor to address your fears and read around beforehand. Apart from your traditional beliefs, circumcision is very save procedure. Benefits of circumcision include prevention of HIV and cancer of foreskins.

For your info
Www.medicaltestsexplained.info

medicaltestexplained

Good for him

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 7:41 PM 

Dear Madam
It seems that you are anxious about the idea of your son going through circumcision. It is natural for one to feel that way by patients & relatives before operation. Try discuss with your doctor to address your fears and read around beforehand. Apart from your traditional beliefs, circumcision is very save procedure. Benefits of circumcision include prevention of HIV and cancer of foreskins.

For your info

medicaltestexplained

Good for him

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 7:42 PM 

Dear Madam
It seems that you are anxious about the idea of your son going through circumcision. It is natural for one to feel that way by patients & relatives before operation. Try discuss with your doctor to address your fears and read around beforehand. Apart from your traditional beliefs, circumcision is very save procedure. Benefits of circumcision include prevention of HIV and cancer of foreskins.

For your info

Current Topic - Traditional Male circumcision
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Baord