I Think Not

by Ryan Dowdall (Login r_dowdall)

This is completely the wrong mentality, I'm sorry to say.

As a new Jr. B GM in Orangeville I encourage players to take the step up and try to compete at the highest level possible. This will always be my philosophy. Keeping a player at a level that he doesn't belong at is doing the player a disservice.

Don't get me wrong here though, I am not accusing anyone from Mimico of holding this particular player back. Sometimes players enjoy playing in their hometown and "lighting it up". Why they would be happy doing so is beyond me, but to each his own - I guess. I love to use Chad Culp from Arthur as an example. He could have played Jr. B and been a superstar, but he tested himself, put in the work and took his lumps in Jr. A and now look at where he is - the NLL. It would have been a shame if he settled adn played Jr. B instead.

You say that playing for a Minto Cup means nothing because he has never played for one. This is the most ludicrous thing I have read in a while. The top players in Jr. B should be moving up and testing/bettering themselves at the Jr. A level. Coaches and management should be telling these players to "be the best they can be". Doing otherwise is selfish of them, in my opinion.

Getting anxious for the start of the season,
Ryan Dowdall

Posted on Mar 1, 2011, 8:54 PM
from IP address 67.70.88.56

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. I love Culper too however to be fair. Northmen4ever, Mar 1, 2011, 9:44 PM
    1. True Enough. Ryan Dowdall, Mar 1, 2011, 10:31 PM
      1. Re: True Enough. , Mar 2, 2011, 9:45 AM
        1. So.... A, Mar 2, 2011, 10:13 AM
          1. Re: So.... , Mar 2, 2011, 10:51 AM