always the same answer

by steveooo (Login steveooo)

why is the default answer "You volenteer and try and do a better job!" the standard reply around here when someone dosen't agree with a post.
I do. and I would guss that nearly everyone on this forum donates some time to lax each season.
with respect to the refs
With the evolution of the game and the amount of field lax that has leeched into box maybee its time to look at overhauling the rule book and the way that refs are trained .I think that a 3rd official is long overdue.
After talking to several refs over the last few years i was shocked at how different their interpatation was of the same rule . Whats a penalty for one ref is okay for another.One ref told me that its not a facemask (in minor)if it dosen't hit the goalie in the head hard. If sure if you asked 10 refs to define the criteria for a slashing penalty you would get 10 different answers.
Some refs are really good and its soooo nice when you get them for a game . Everyone is safe ,the game flows and the rulebook is followed to the letter ,with no personal opinions of the rules( After questioning a call once I actually had a ref tell me that the rulebook is not printed in hardcover so it easier to bend. lol!)

Posted on Aug 26, 2011, 2:44 PM
from IP address 99.253.50.32

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. inconsistancy in officiating. ptbo, Aug 27, 2011, 2:26 PM
    1. Good post Ptbo!. lakeontario, Aug 27, 2011, 5:21 PM
    2. Re: inconsistancy in officiating. CLPLAlax, Aug 28, 2011, 12:05 AM
      1. Re: inconsistancy in officiating. ptbo, Aug 29, 2011, 12:04 AM