Re: Jra

by Homer Bridge (Login Homer__Bridge)

Immediate impressions from when I first saw him play as a sixteen-year-old with the Spartans was his outstanding perimeter shot, some truly flashy stick-skills and a cockiness that belied the fact he was giving up a few years and many pounds to the opponents he was facing. As he matured, he developed a greater floor sense and an uncanny ability to find an open cutter with a perfect pass, or just the moment that a defender was glancing the wrong way on a quick cut. As I sit here trying to find a comparison, I can almost see some Josh Sanderson in him in terms of his floor awareness, preparedness and especially his love of competition. Not saying he's the next "shooter", not fair for either player to make claims like that, but both are players that I love to watch for as much as how their brain calmly seems to work a little faster in the midst of the chaos, and then commands a nice skill set to put the pieces in motion.

I saw him play a little Jr A last season and it was clear from that brief sampling that he was quite at home. This year I expect at the least, he will do well at this level. I hope he does very well.

I also like the A's coaching tandem of Darris Kilgour and Mike Lines this year and what they may bring to his game.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012, 10:12 PM
from IP address 69.196.163.38

Respond to this message

Return to Index