STILL TOO EARLY TO TELL...February 13 2005 at 3:30 PM
No score for this post
|COOGSUPERFAN (no login)|
Response to Is coaching the problem? or the level of Talent?
Go back in the standings when Habshied first showed up in Kelowna (No I'm not comparing Lambert to Habscheid...yet). It was several years of very ineffective, losing hockey before their program completely turned around. Who can forget the 4-0 series where Hammy and Wedderburn passed the puck back and forth behind the net while waiting for ANY Rockette to come across the blueline? When Habscheid had put his sytems in place and every player had been utilizing those systems since day one, great things started happening.
It is just one example, but one where there seems to be a lot of similarities. The early Habscheid teams focussed almost completely on defense at first and lost a lot, but won games against very strong teams on occaision. As the defense became virtually reflexive, they began to develop a great transitional attack. In the last three years they have also developed a great aggressive forecheck that you simply did not see in the first three years he was there.
My final point is...successful turnarounds take a good amount of time to implement. I'm not 100% convinced that this coaching staff can even do it since they have mimimal experience. But I think they deserve the chance to do it and that will require somewhere around three years to accomplish. I also believe that they have done very good things in terms of teaching effective systems. The guys are not all on the same page yet, but you really notice it in those rare occaisons when they are.
- Dude, your so wrong, check your facts before you tell another lie. - The Pucks on Feb 13, 2005, 4:02 PM
- YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT... - COOGSUPERFAN on Feb 14, 2005, 2:11 AM
- What makes you think ...... - longtimefan on Feb 14, 2005, 6:10 AM
- Unbelievable... - The Pucks on Feb 14, 2005, 6:35 AM
- Exactly - Catz on Feb 14, 2005, 11:23 AM
- JUST THE FACTS MAAM... - COOGSUPERFAN on Feb 14, 2005, 12:29 PM
- Just the facts? - The Pucks on Feb 14, 2005, 10:26 PM
- YOU ARE CORRECT... - COOGSUPERFAN on Feb 15, 2005, 6:36 AM