Back to the Den!  

STILL TOO EARLY TO TELL...

February 13 2005 at 3:30 PM
No score for this post
COOGSUPERFAN  (no login)

Response to Is coaching the problem? or the level of Talent?

Go back in the standings when Habshied first showed up in Kelowna (No I'm not comparing Lambert to Habscheid...yet). It was several years of very ineffective, losing hockey before their program completely turned around. Who can forget the 4-0 series where Hammy and Wedderburn passed the puck back and forth behind the net while waiting for ANY Rockette to come across the blueline? When Habscheid had put his sytems in place and every player had been utilizing those systems since day one, great things started happening.

It is just one example, but one where there seems to be a lot of similarities. The early Habscheid teams focussed almost completely on defense at first and lost a lot, but won games against very strong teams on occaision. As the defense became virtually reflexive, they began to develop a great transitional attack. In the last three years they have also developed a great aggressive forecheck that you simply did not see in the first three years he was there.

My final point is...successful turnarounds take a good amount of time to implement. I'm not 100% convinced that this coaching staff can even do it since they have mimimal experience. But I think they deserve the chance to do it and that will require somewhere around three years to accomplish. I also believe that they have done very good things in terms of teaching effective systems. The guys are not all on the same page yet, but you really notice it in those rare occaisons when they are.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Dude, your so wrong, check your facts before you tell another lie. - The Pucks on Feb 13, 4:02 PM
    1. YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT... - COOGSUPERFAN on Feb 14, 2:11 AM
      1. What makes you think ...... - longtimefan on Feb 14, 6:10 AM
      2. Unbelievable... - The Pucks on Feb 14, 6:35 AM
        1. Exactly - Catz on Feb 14, 11:23 AM
        2. JUST THE FACTS MAAM... - COOGSUPERFAN on Feb 14, 12:29 PM
          1. Just the facts? - The Pucks on Feb 14, 10:26 PM
            1. YOU ARE CORRECT... - COOGSUPERFAN on Feb 15, 6:36 AM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.