Back to the Den!  

Bandwagon fans

March 9 2005 at 9:59 PM
No score for this post
FWF  (no login)

Response to You have to know PG's "fans"

I don't think it's fair to call them bandwagon fans. I'm one of the faithful whose had season tickets 9 of 11 seasons, and I'll gripe all summer and then breakdown and buy them again next year. But I can sure understand why the other 3000 are staying away. Remember in the early years how Dana McKinnon and Rick Brodsky would walk around the multiplex as if their poop didn't stink. They did nothing to build relationships with the average fan. Many of the missing 3000 love the team, but hate the owners, and it galls them to put another $1.00 in Brodsky's pocket.

I think the smartest thing he ever did, was hire his daughter. You see her smiling and talking to people, and it's hard to put her down when she seems to care, and she responds to emails gracefully. And as much as I'm not a big fan of Dallas, I have run into him in other rinks and he makes a point of saying hi when he sees my Cougar hat.

As for the balance of this season, I'm going to keep on working the numbers until they are mathematically eliminated, and then still go to the last game because we'll be saying goodbye to about 9 kids.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I'd say you are one of the 2700-2900 FWF - Sput on Mar 10, 2005, 1:24 AM
    1. Thank the bandwagon fans... - CanuckleChucker on Mar 10, 2005, 8:05 AM

2. Your right about hiring his daughter... - CanuckleChucker on Mar 10, 2005, 8:27 AM
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.