Back to the Den!  

Trade no one

January 2 2006 at 8:23 PM
No score for this post
FWF  (no login)

Response to OK

I say trade no one unless you can use a draft pick. Is it unreasonable to retool a few forwards into defensemen? We've certainly sent defensemen up forward. Gardner isn't doing much on offense as far as scoring goes but he's done a great job checking - maybe move him back.

My gut feeling is anything you get now wouldn't be much better than our two of our own forwards going on the back end. The bonus to this is as long as we can hold on to the last playoff spot we could very well see a healty Rogers return and make me and many others eat our words by inspiring a serious playoff run. If you start dumping forwards for mediocre defensemen, you may have nothing to work with.

As for the comments on the Pogge trade. Lambert did a first class job of shredding every bit of confidence Pogge had. It was merciful trading that kid away and I smile every time I see him succeed. He was no longer of any use to us due to Lambert's coaching stule.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Agreed FWF . . . sound logic IMHO (nm) - Cougar Guy on Jan 2, 2006, 8:53 PM
  3. Keep The Farm - HockeyFan on Jan 3, 2006, 8:59 AM
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.