Back to the Den!  

Fiddling while Rome burns...

January 10 2006 at 1:50 PM
No score for this post
tombstone81  (no login)

...would not be surprised to see Cougar management either ignore the team's dire needs for improvement, or somehow get hosed yet again at the deadline by giving up one of our great goaltenders for another injured wannabe or a bag of pucks and a draft pick that they will ultimately trade away before he gets any chance to flourish.

Just once it would be nice to see the Brodsky minions get the better of a trade or two...but it seems that their rep around the league as pompous and indifferent owners who know little about hockey--but a lot about nepotism--is sealed and not to change. I'm sure Lubi is more interested in his next Smirnoff on rocks than actually unearthing a hidden gem.

Anyway, I had to respond to an earlier poster in the Attendance thread who said that PG fans were ignorant for not coming out and supporting "what might be the greatest Cougar team of all time". Nearly pissed myself laughing at that one. Obviously junior is not old enough to remember the class acts of the 1997-2000 clubs...which were swimming in a world of talent but still had the same old crappy Brodsky-clan management who refused to make the final tweak which could have put those teams into the Memorial Cup. Just as long as that building's full all season, screw the Cup, seems to be their motto. This current group needs far more than a tweak, it needs defribulators and life support...and if it miraculously pulls through and makes the playoffs ahead of the Blazers...it will all be over quickly.

As a long-time fan and current season ticket holder...the best thing Brodsky could would be to fire the family connections in favour of a GM and Director of Hockey Operations who A) know hockey, B) have friends around the league, and C) are respected enough guys that players and parents want to work and play for them...not get the hell out of Dodge at the earliest opportunity.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Best post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - jam32 on Jan 10, 2:04 PM
  3. good post........ - cougar on Jan 10, 2:19 PM
    1. Nice - jarjar on Jan 10, 2:53 PM
      1. Message needs to be sent to ownership... - tombstone81 on Jan 10, 3:08 PM
        1. you are so wrong - jarjar on Jan 10, 4:18 PM
          1. You are proving my point! - tombstone81 on Jan 10, 4:52 PM
          2. Well...what was out there? - Smileyjones on Jan 10, 4:56 PM
            1. I agree , good post smiley...nm - BIG_CLAW on Jan 10, 5:08 PM
            2. Okay, Brandy... - tombstone81 on Jan 10, 5:41 PM
              1. The Smirnoff is excellent - Smileyjones on Jan 10, 6:17 PM
                1. You are incorrect, sir... - tombstone81 on Jan 10, 7:08 PM
              2. MAYBE... - COOGSUPERFAN on Jan 10, 6:53 PM
                1. Re: MAYBE... - Chicago on Jan 10, 7:15 PM
                  1. GREAT REBUTTAL... - COOGSUPERFAN on Jan 10, 9:21 PM
                  2. whats........ - cougarman on Jan 11, 11:41 AM
                    1. Re: whats........ - Chicago on Jan 11, 2:13 PM
                2. since when........ - cougarman on Jan 11, 11:36 AM

4. if our young kids did not look so good - pg_elvis on Jan 10, 7:09 PM
    1. Dallas isn't so bad - FWF on Jan 10, 7:55 PM
      1. I would tend to agree . . . - Cougar Guy on Jan 10, 8:32 PM
        1. At the end of the day - jarjar on Jan 10, 11:53 PM
          1. Not quite the end of the day yet... - tombstone81 on Jan 11, 8:16 AM
            1. WHAT?? - jarjar on Jan 11, 8:57 AM
            2. and - jarjar on Jan 11, 9:00 AM
              1. Are you kidding me!!?? - tombstone81 on Jan 11, 9:46 AM
                1. the magic formula! - jarjar on Jan 11, 11:19 AM
                2. intelligent toombstoned? no - jarjar on Jan 11, 1:07 PM
            3. Limited Options - FWF on Jan 11, 10:18 AM
              1. Steinbrenner for Owner/President! - tombstone81 on Jan 11, 10:41 AM
                1. sale wont happen - jarjar on Jan 11, 11:21 AM
              2. a bunch of BS - jam32 on Jan 11, 10:55 AM
                1. Sorry, but.... - Sput on Jan 11, 12:33 PM
                  1. no one - jarjar on Jan 11, 12:46 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.