Okay, Brandy...January 10 2006 at 5:41 PM
No score for this post
|tombstone81 (no login)|
Response to Well...what was out there?
...enjoy your Smirnoff on the rocks. Maybe you will better understand my point afterwards.
I never suggested they should make a trade just for the sake of making it. I suggested that if they weren't going to make any trades (i.e. hold on for the future, knowing damn well this current group is barely a playoff contender, let along a MC contender) then they never should have given up a first round draft pick earlier this season.
If you're going to sit on your hands, happy with a last-place finish (or maybe a 4th place finish and first-round playoff exit if you're lucky), then keep your prospects in tact and wait for next year. Don't tell the fans earlier in the season that "this has got to be the year we go for it" as your dad was quoted in the Citizen...and then do nothing but give away a first-rounder.
What about Stengler? Why not trade him for absolutely anything? The worst we could do is get a bust and not have Stengler's rights anymore...which means squat considering he's made up his mind not to return here.
I guess I will finish the season cheering on the current squad, looking for the silver lining as you have managed to find, and knowing that it doesn't exist. Can't help but wonder what a Memorial Cup parade must look like though...as the fans in Kelowna, Cranbrook and Kamloops have all been able to experience since the Cougars moved to Prince George from Victoria.
- The Smirnoff is excellent - Smileyjones on Jan 10, 6:17 PM
- You are incorrect, sir... - tombstone81 on Jan 10, 7:08 PM
- MAYBE... - COOGSUPERFAN on Jan 10, 6:53 PM
- Re: MAYBE... - Chicago on Jan 10, 7:15 PM
- GREAT REBUTTAL... - COOGSUPERFAN on Jan 10, 9:21 PM
- whats........ - cougarman on Jan 11, 11:41 AM
- Re: whats........ - Chicago on Jan 11, 2:13 PM
- since when........ - cougarman on Jan 11, 11:36 AM