The thing that got me the most . . .January 20 2006 at 5:07 PM
|Cougar Guy (no login)|
Response to Re: Citizen Article - Brodsky Speaks
was the whole tone of the article with Brodsky basically believing that 2,500 people are not attending games because of some personal vendetta against him . . . give me a frickin break Rick . . . that has to be one of the most arrogrant things I've ever heard!
I've said it before and I'll continue to harp on it. 2,500 people are not showing up because YOUR MANAGEMENT TEAM has not produced a product that people are willing to spend their money on. You could debate the reasons until the cows come home, but you simply cannot ignore that fact. When the team was subpar, the excuse was "we need a winning team and the fans will be back". When we are winning the excuse has now shifted to "people hate me and that's why they aren't coming out". Rick, have you ever stopped to think that maybe . . . just maybe . . . the problem is that people ARE NOT INTERESTED? IT'S YOUR JOB TO REBUILD THE DEMAND FOR THE PRODUCT.
Now the one thing I will give him credit for is being honest in saying that 3,000 fans will not cut it long-term. About time he came out and said it, although it shouldn't be much of a shock to anyone.
If anything, the article reinforced the fact that this franchise has the most elementary and basic business philosophy that a sports franchise could have. Picture a wind up doll that looks like Brodsky. Pull the string and this is what you will get every time:
"All we need is a winner" "All we need is a winner" "All we need is a winner"
WOW . . . I'm not sure whether to laugh or puke at the simplicity.
- I agree - jam32 on Jan 20, 2006, 5:36 PM
- Re: The thing that got me the most . . . - smileyjones on Jan 20, 2006, 7:01 PM
- Re: The thing that got me the most . . . - Anonymous on Jan 20, 2006, 11:45 PM
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE? - smileyjones on Jan 21, 2006, 9:28 AM
- Okay . . . - Cougar Guy on Jan 21, 2006, 10:23 AM
- Cougar Guy hit the nail on the head. - jam32 on Jan 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
- Ever been to a game in Kelowna? - SomeBoy on Jan 21, 2006, 11:09 AM
- This is where Brodsky needs improvement - Fatcat on Jan 22, 2006, 10:32 AM
- he apparently does not......... - cougarman on Jan 21, 2006, 6:44 PM