I believe they won't drop the issue and are VERY interested.May 23 2006 at 10:28 AM
No score for this post
|Glen (no login)|
Response to Interesting . . .
Sorry I can't give you any insight as to who they are because the father of the interested party told me in confidence.
I do know they have the money. I also know the guy interested has been a GM in the league in the recent past, has extensive knowledge of the league (had a brother play in the league as well) and would have the ability to put a marketing/scouting team in place likely as soon as the ink would be dry if a deal were made.
I was excited as soon as I heard about if because there would be instant credibility and the fact the people WANT the team in PG because they feel it is a GREAT market is a huge plus. Make no mistake, the interest is there because if you field a competitive team and involve the local community there is a good dollar to be made in PG, but what is so great is this offer is from people WHO WANT TO WIN!!!
Triple H and the rest of the McBrodksy flying circus would be dumped however, and I truly believe Brodsky would kill any deal that wouldn't include his son-in-law from being included in any type of deal.
The league will look absolutely rediculous if they let Brodsky try and make a Tri-City type deal in return for his selling of the franchise though because he HAS NO ONE TO BLAME BUT HIMSELF for the current issues in PG.
- Agree with you 100% . . . - Cougar Guy on May 23, 2006, 7:14 PM
- Dub in P.G. - In The Room on May 23, 2006, 7:40 PM
- The obvious answer . . . - Cougar Guy on May 23, 2006, 9:30 PM
- Funny you say that because I actually told them fans like yourself are plentiful in PG. - Glen on May 23, 2006, 9:39 PM
- Agreed . . . thanks again for the info! (nm) - Cougar Guy on May 23, 2006, 10:06 PM