Back to the Den!  

I believe they won't drop the issue and are VERY interested.

May 23 2006 at 10:28 AM
No score for this post
Glen  (no login)

Response to Interesting . . .

Sorry I can't give you any insight as to who they are because the father of the interested party told me in confidence.

I do know they have the money. I also know the guy interested has been a GM in the league in the recent past, has extensive knowledge of the league (had a brother play in the league as well) and would have the ability to put a marketing/scouting team in place likely as soon as the ink would be dry if a deal were made.

I was excited as soon as I heard about if because there would be instant credibility and the fact the people WANT the team in PG because they feel it is a GREAT market is a huge plus. Make no mistake, the interest is there because if you field a competitive team and involve the local community there is a good dollar to be made in PG, but what is so great is this offer is from people WHO WANT TO WIN!!!

Triple H and the rest of the McBrodksy flying circus would be dumped however, and I truly believe Brodsky would kill any deal that wouldn't include his son-in-law from being included in any type of deal.

The league will look absolutely rediculous if they let Brodsky try and make a Tri-City type deal in return for his selling of the franchise though because he HAS NO ONE TO BLAME BUT HIMSELF for the current issues in PG.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Agree with you 100% . . . - Cougar Guy on May 23, 2006, 7:14 PM
    1. Dub in P.G. - In The Room on May 23, 2006, 7:40 PM
      1. The obvious answer . . . - Cougar Guy on May 23, 2006, 9:30 PM
    2. Funny you say that because I actually told them fans like yourself are plentiful in PG. - Glen on May 23, 2006, 9:39 PM
      1. Agreed . . . thanks again for the info! (nm) - Cougar Guy on May 23, 2006, 10:06 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.