Kills me to write thisJanuary 2 2007 at 12:28 PM
No score for this post
|FWF (no login)|
It kills me to write this, but what if this is the true scenario we're facing.
Brodsky is actually doing the best he or anyone can - chills me to even say it.
What if, because of our location, what he's been getting us, is the best he can get. Think of how many medical positions we can't fill because medical pro's won't come to PG, no matter how much you offer them.
What if the same is true of competent development coaches.
Rick to potential coach. "Hey, want to come to PG, give you lots of cash?"
Potential coach: "Are you joking? Even if I didn't have to ride that bus hours on end, my wife says the shopping sucks and she'll leave me if I take the job."
This puts Rick in the position of always having to recruit people who are trying to work their way up the coaching ladder. Maybe he hires family because they're the only ones who'll come here.
Don't get me wrong, I love PG, and I am a professional (not a doctor) I can tell you from my perspective I wouldn't live anywhere else, but I came to the North to move up in my profession, loved it, and stayed.
The hope for the Cougars, is one of these times they'll grab an up and comer, he'll love it, stay, and become a great coach.
I hope this isn't true because I'm much happier assuming Brodsky is a cheap idiot, but what if it is?????
- I've heard this before . . . - Cougar Guy on Jan 2, 2007, 6:31 PM
- if brodsky's owned a team in honolulu.... - mule on Jan 2, 2007, 7:24 PM
- Until they get a REAL GM, it will be difficult, so again, Brodsky is his own worst enemy! - Glen on Jan 2, 2007, 8:31 PM
- What's funny is, I remember a few years back....... - PORN STAR on Jan 2, 2007, 8:36 PM
- let's let porn star run the team - Anonymous on Jan 2, 2007, 9:15 PM
- Re: let's let porn star run the team - Anonymous on Jan 2, 2007, 10:08 PM
- Kamloop's "Winning team" - KBF on Jan 2, 2007, 10:10 PM
- Hit the nail - FWF on Jan 3, 2007, 9:39 AM
- Porno - Charlie on Jan 3, 2007, 9:23 AM
- Your quick to spout off, - The Pucks on Jan 3, 2007, 10:03 AM
- Re: Your quick to spout off, - Charlie on Jan 3, 2007, 10:13 AM
- Well - The Pucks on Jan 3, 2007, 11:20 AM
- Too Late - FWF on Jan 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
- wrong, just wrong - Anonymous on Jan 3, 2007, 11:46 AM
- Pure and utter B.S. - The Pucks on Jan 3, 2007, 2:33 PM