Back to the Den!  

Anon

February 14 2007 at 10:52 AM
No score for this post
FWF  (no login)

Response to oh, the heartache

It would be nice if you would use a handle so we can at least figure out if we're responding to one or more people.

I agree that the play has been much better as of late. I had stopped going because it's a 30 minute drive to the rink for me and even though I've paid for the year, I have no interest in watching a bunch of underachievers. But since they've picked up their play, I've picked up my rear from the couch and started going again.

I think since the trade deadline it's sunk into these kids heads that they might as well make the best of it. Seto is becoming a regular game breaker and amazing to watch. His in close backhand goal left me with my mouth hanging open. Dudas has started to show why the Cougars picked him. He's intelligent, physically strong, a bit of a mean streak. When he's in shape, he could be another game breaker.

I don't need a memorial cup, but I do need a hardworking team who respects the fact we fans have dished out good money to watch them play. This group save for a few exceptions haven't done that until recently.

Now, like Pucks, I have 10 years of season tickets and almost 10,000 dollars invested. Before you trash us too hard, just how long have you been supporting the team so we can get some sense of your comittement?

And our beef is rarely with the players. The fact is we all understand why they played to get traded. This owner has not provided them with the tools to meet their career goals. Drew is a tier 2 coach, Dallas is an average GM. If I was a Jesse Dudas I'd be trying to get out of Dodge too. And who do we blame for that? Mr. Brodsky and his inability to figure out you have to spend money to make money.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. welcome back - finrank on Feb 15, 3:27 PM
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.