Back to the Den!  

Agree and disagree

October 21 2009 at 6:47 AM
No score for this post
cougarbait  (no login)

Response to Wright is wrong!

While I agree with your assessment of the defenseman!! - right on target.

I do disagree with your comments on Wright...
While it is not nice to see a Jr A tier 2 team lose a #1 goalie that team would think it nothing to cut the same individual, or trade him, at the drop of a hat.
His decision to continue to chase a dream I think speaks volumes about his character in a positive way, in that he wants to play at the highest level he can.
All goalies develop at different rates ( the #1 drafted goalie in last years NHL draft was a 20yr old from Finland as I recall).
I think Alex will provide some stability and push in a position that needs improvement.

The biggest thing that boggles my mind is that there have been some pretty decent defenseman moved over the past few weeks, with WHL experience, (Carlson comes to mind) and the Cougars have not been able to pull the trigger on them. Defense, as you pointed out, is a real weak spot that needs addressing....

I believe that the only option is Connolly for a pair of shut down defenseman...
he is the only chip that I think other WHL teams would covet.
That would, probably, spell the end for the Cougars in Prince George if the Prodigal Son was dealt away.
Great hockey player in a really tough situation. I mean how much can one player do when there are 4 or 5 pieces missing?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.