Respond to this messageBack to the Den!
Original Message
  • Post Game Comments Thoughts . . .
    • Cougar Guy (no login)
      Posted Feb 22, 2006 10:59 PM

okay, perhaps it is just me, but I thought tonight was a classic example of a coach (Vandekamp) being proactive in trying to take the heat off his team and deflecting criticism that could've been much worse. He basically shut down any questions about effort and got the radio team to move on to a different subject and good on him for doing that . . . but I'm not going to let that get in the way of my thoughts

To be perfectly honest, I thought that the vast majority of tonight's game was a TERRIBLE effort on the part of the Cougars. The first period was arguably the worst hockey I can recall seeing at the barn in years. No effort whatsoever, no forechecking, lazy skating, no intensity and absolutely no indication that this team wanted to come out and take back 4th place. The second was decent but still not the effort needed from a club fighting for their playoff lives. The effort in the last 5-10 minutes of the third was good and IMHO, that was the only time in the entire game that I thought the guys showed character for a prolonged period. Too bad we were already down 3-1.

I just can't figure this team out. How it is hard to get motivated for a game like this is beyond me. Vandekamp can say it wasn't a must win all he wants, but let's be honest. Looking at the schedule, this was a must win and we blew it again . . . mainly because of subpar effort and to me that is very alarming. Sorry Mike, I don't think the effort was there tonight. Except for a few spurts, the guys looked very disinterested.

I don't know what the heck is going on, but that type of play will not get it done. In fact, if we play like that this weekend, not only are we going to get steamrolled by Vancouver, but we could very well be 5 points back of Kamloops.

Wake the hell up boys . . .
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    Prince George Cougars Message Board
    PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
    Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
    This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.