Respond to this messageBack to the Den!
Original Message
  • OK, here goes
    • smileyjones (no login)
      Posted Nov 2, 2006 8:17 PM

Hunter - keep him but he can't be captain. Needs to get a kick in the ass some how by being a scratch or playing on the 4th line or something.

Drazenovic - everyone loves to see a hometown boy do good but Nick looks like a soft prima donna most nights. He might be the first guy I'd put on the blocks.

Walker & Robertson - frustrating pair. Look great one night, like absolute crap the next. This inconsistency is unacceptable for 20 year olds with letters. Not sure what to do with these guys but the benching clearly did not work.

GM - if he has any credibility with the NHL at all would be on the horn with the Sharks organization advising them that they had 2 first round picks that were playing like crap. If a kick in the ass from your coach doesn't work, one from your NHL teams scout usually will.

Sagert - always one of the steadiest d-men but really has fallen off this year. I would be happy to see him stay if he picks up under a new coach but he may be one of the more valuable pieces of a trade.

Fuller - sorry Tombstone, but this kid is a major disappointment this year. Not really skating & forechecking well and not playing very tough. He needs to pick it up. I believe he may find his game on a top line. Instead of playing with 3 "super-skill" guys on one line, why not put a guy like Fuller on a line with a couple of (so-called) snipers. His play might pick up with some ice time and give his linemates some room and protection.

Letters - need to be completely re-distributed. Tyrell deserves one for sure. I know lots of people think the guy's a pylon but I'd give a letter to Mihalik too as his work ethic has always been there. Not sure who I'd give the others to. I think this has been a problem here over the years. While we've had some good captains in guys like Bouck and Hamhuis, but recently we've had soft selfish captains like Robson and Falloon and now Hunter and I think that is forging the (wrong)identity for the team.

I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say as "Fantasy" GM.
      Of course I have a "fantasy" that we will win the memorial cup one year. Dreams are a wonderful thing.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)