Respond to this messageBack to the Den!
Original Message
  • SORRY BUD BUT YOU ARE DEAD WRONG...
    • COOGSUPERFAN (no login)
      Posted Jan 15, 2012 7:00 AM

Front and center as usual happy.gif...pretty beat and quiet though. How can you say in one breath that we were out-tended then, in tne next. say that we only had "a couple of chances"? Does that mean the Bloozers really had only 1 or 2 quality chances the whole game? This makes no sense at all IMO.

I mean c'mon...on Friday we got 32 SOG, more quality chances (but not by that much IMO), and drew more penalties. These are all indicators of a team that is right in the hunt against the best team in the division...a little more finish like we saw the last two nights, a little more hunger to get to the points of pain and that game was easily a Cougar W. While the work ethic didn't stand out as a bright shining star, it wasn't obvious so weak that we were getting man-handled in ANY way by a much more experienced team. Wasn't as happy with Saturday's effort honestly but c'est la vie with a team this young and inexperienced.

Amen to Owsley he has been rock solid, steady, consistent, and reliable... and that is why he was brought here. He has been well above average most nights...however, I am a little disappointed that I haven't seen a couple of "clinical" shutouts as I truly expected for him to outright steal 5 games or more for us this year...and hey! we still have lots of hockey left to play and it does not appear that Fordyce will be starting again...but that's a whole different topic happy.gif

In the end, I think our schedule is a lot softer until the end of the year compared to the first 2/3 of the season and their destiny is easily in their hands as they play Seattle and Everett a bit and Victoria 6 times! If they can continue to grow and put forth efforts like the last couple of nights then we could very easily be watching this youth movement grow even more in the playoffs. AND if our first round opponent is Kamloops or Tri-Cities then who knows...we have matched up very well against them so far this year...all the more reason to chant...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    Prince George Cougars Message Board
    PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
    Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
    This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.