<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Den!  

On FSN last night

February 7 2009 at 8:34 AM
No score for this post
  (Login AMSRocker)
Den Member

Ron Robson said that your owner said that the team will not go anywhere. Said that he was in the WHL for a long time and they have a plan to market the team in PG and get the fans back...

Rock On AMS!
AMSWin.jpg
From worst to first I was there to see it happen!!! Im so damn proud of this team!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Cougar Guy
(no login)

Well if there is a viable plan . . .

No score for this post
February 7 2009, 11:42 AM 

nobody connected to the Cougars has said anything about it to the people of PG . . . LOL. Oh, unless he is referring to the same ole stuff that came out of Brodsky's mouth a couple weeks or so back in the paper. That's basically the same thing we've been hearing since the team arrived in PG.

Truth be told, I'd expect nothing more than for Robison to publicallly support one of his owners. At this point in time, it's a completely hollow endorsement IMHO.

(Login AMSRocker)
Den Member

Too bad

No score for this post
February 8 2009, 9:08 PM 

Like I've said many time here I LOVE coming to your town! Fun place to visit and a great rink (that is just like ours! wink.gif )

Rock On AMS!
AMSWin.jpg
From worst to first I was there to see it happen!!! Im so damn proud of this team!

(no login)

Re: Too bad

No score for this post
February 9 2009, 5:43 PM 

Seeing as it was modeled after yours and PG still didnt listen to you guys with regards for leaving expantion space .. you should feel right at home here

(Login AMSRocker)
Den Member

You should hear the rumbling here in our town

No score for this post
February 15 2009, 12:41 AM 

The AMS would like a new and bigger barn. Our barn is a great barn to see hockey at this lever but after 21 years it is showing a lot of ware and tear. We have some of the worst ice in the whl (and we could very well be the worst) The thing is that Kennewick does not want to sink any big $$$ into a barn that might be gone in 5 years. That said this one keeps slipping deeper and deeper into trouble. Our town is big enough to take a 8,000 seat rink with 150,000+ in this metro area but with the stock market, banks, and every thing else in the tank for a few years I just don't see a move being made any time soon. They will make that ice 3 feet thick if they have to just to avoid the jackhammer. I'll give them this though... they did pony up and get new boards and glass this season. We needed them badly! It is that new flexable board system. Works very well and the chance for injury is far less with the give.

Rock On AMS!
AMSWin.jpg

Current Topic - On FSN last night
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Den!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.