<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Den!  

Potential Cougar coaches?

April 7 2009 at 7:47 AM
No score for this post
The Pucks  (no login)

According to Swanson the following are on the list for the Cougars:

Marc Habscheid, Jeff Truitt, Jim Hiller, Curtis Hunt, Mike Williamson and John Becanic

Some interesting names in there, better than allot the the no names that have come in the past few years. I doubt Habscheid comes here, I beleive other teams will give into his demands of control of the hockey operations.

Who you think will get the job?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
smileyjones
(no login)

What I think

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 7:57 AM 

Habschied would be the first choice of most, but I agree that if it's not done by now it's not going to happen.

My next choices would be Curtis Hunt or John Becanic. Hunt was a consistent winner and an NHL assistant so the credibility would increase imediately. Becanic is intriguing, seems he did a pretty good job with a very young club this year...he might help develop the younger guys. Also, as much fun as firewagon hockey is the Cats somply have to learn to play better in their own end and having the Everett model rub off might do some good.

The Pucks
(no login)

I agree with you.

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 8:50 AM 

I dont think Habscheid is coming here, heard rumors he already has a deal with a team in Saskatchewan. Hunt would be my next choice.

Teacher
(no login)

How about?

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 11:24 AM 

With 3 teams now looking for coaches and having a vacancy, Chilliwack, Everett and the Cougars, as well as, a few that have not fully jumped in, it will be interesting if the Cougars try to get this done before the Bantam Draft. I personally would like to see Habschied but just a pipedream. What about Hiller from the Wack?

SportsFan82
(Login SportsFan82)

They're seeking a new head coach?

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 12:30 PM 

You mean Pat Quinn isn't the head coach of the Cougars? Just kidding.

It's a nice change to see the team making a real attempt at landing a quality coach. Drew Schoneck happened to be good friends with Dallas, which obviously played a factor there. But Drew only had experience in the WHL as an assistant, and he joined the team from what was then a mediocre BCHL organization.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

IF THEY HIRE HILLER...

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 11:01 PM 

That might be the straw that breaks COOGSUPERFAN'S back. A lot of very bad stories coming out of the lower mainland about this guy really doing a poor job relating and developing talent (Sundher, Howse, Manning). Was completely UNIMPRESSED with his pathetic cry baby act here at the end of the year when he managed to delay the game to try to get the two "psychos" happy.gif behind him in the stands thrown out of the game for disrupting his bench and not allowing him to communicate properly with his team...what a joke that guy is...now...and forever! Good grief...what would he have done if there were people in the stands? They will not be missing him at all in the Wack and we do not want him here. GOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

IF IT CAN'T BE HABBY....

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 6:16 PM 

then bring on Truitt. He stepped in to fill the second biggest set of shoes in the CHL and did an admirable job in doing it. He was with Habby a loooong time and surely understands what must be done to run a successful WHL hockey team both on and off the ice. He was there when the strongest defensive team in the longest of times took the Memorial Cup home so he should be well versed in how to do it right. A true development of a solid defense is so what we are going to need for the next couple of years as older (with modest talents) are replaced with younger (big potential) defensmen. Would he come here? I am seriously thinking that Habby, with his close connection to the Brodkys, has a better chance of showing up here...Next!

KBF
(Login Diaperz)
Unwanted Creeps

Truitt?

No score for this post
April 7 2009, 7:25 PM 

He inherited Habby's team. And did nothing with it. Yeah, great coach. Ask Rockette fans, they'll tell you the same.

Web
(Login shawn833)

Re: Truitt?

No score for this post
April 19 2009, 12:28 AM 

Truitt is a plug. Not recomended.. Heard nothing but bad whispers of treatment from the players when he was in Kelowna.

The Pucks
(no login)

I think the coach for next season will be ..........................

No score for this post
April 8 2009, 3:34 PM 

Klipper. Thats just so Brodsky.

2nd best chance would be somebody none of have heard of.

Lets just say when it come to Brodsky and his son in law Im not an optimist.

sweetums
(no login)

Re: I think the coach for next season will be ..........................

No score for this post
April 8 2009, 4:40 PM 

you are absolutely correct.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

WHILE I HATE TO AGREE...

No score for this post
April 8 2009, 5:14 PM 

with such a negative prediction (easy boy, it's not meant to be a slight in any way happy.gif), it wouldn't shock me completely. Maybe he will only be the head coach when the team is in the province where he lives...that would be creative and new wouldn't it? happy.gif I truly believe it will not be Klipper though it certainly could be another no name, with no track record, let alone a truly successful one, that no one has heard of again. Still waiting for that pleasant, shocking, surprise from this franchise with regards to coaching for the last decade...won't hold my breath...but will expel it continuously shouting...GOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

Dubber
(no login)

This is the way...

No score for this post
April 8 2009, 9:00 PM 

that Brodsky is softening us up, to mention Klippers name in the mix. This way will we not have a bonefide coach again, pissing off more of the few remaining fans, less people in the building, and away we go!!! But where to??? This is our only saving grace. If Habby was coming, wouldn`t they have made the announcement already?? what is the hold-up??? Are they giving other teams first dibs??? We definately need the real deal coach, not another wannabe, we all deserve better, players and fans alike.

The Pucks
(no login)

I have heard that ......................

No score for this post
April 8 2009, 10:28 PM 

Habscheid is close to a deal with an eastern team which includes a percentage of ownership.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Den!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.