<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Den!  

Dean Clark eh'

April 28 2009 at 12:12 PM
No score for this post
The Pucks  (no login)

I'll reserve judgment till I hear what others think.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Louie72)

Re: Dean Clark eh'

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 12:37 PM 

Do you think he will be good for this team?

KBF
(Login Diaperz)
Unwanted Creeps

Look at what happened in Kamloops

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 12:39 PM 

Look at his brilliant ideas as a GM as well. The guy lacks any sort of a brain, not to mention is very arrogant, along with his meddling wife. Not that the Cougars could sink any lower, but you better be even more concerned now, as he is not a legit coach, I don't care what his record says. You go talk to the billets of the players he coached in Kamloops, and they'll tell you the exact same things I did. They couldn't stand him. Plays favorites, and it will piss off the rest of his team, and they'll eventually stop playing for him. Has happened every single place he's been. Sadly, this is probably the highest calibre coach, you guys have had.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

CHICKEN!!!...

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 6:03 PM 

happy.gif What kind of completetly cowardly comment is that? happy.gif

After my initial gut reaction of disgust and revulsion at having the second failure Bloozer reject hired here, I am trying to be optimistic...

1) It's an upgrade on Klip, of that there is no doubt

2) To encapsulate what might be important about him as a coach...he developed, fine-tuned, and focused many good young players in Brandon. He bound together to perform at a high level, some fairly out-of-control ego types in Calgary. He failed miserably in the Loops...but who wouldn't have/hasn't in the last decade with all the plugs they had there. happy.gif

3) He will be coaching here, not GM'ing which MIGHT be a good thing if you EVER took anything KBF said for face value. happy.gif

4) He will have up to 5 years to make something really good happen...always good to show that kind of confidence in your coach

Now HERE is where we show any GUTS we might have...DEFINE SUCCESS...NOW!!! not in retrospect.

I give him 2 years unfettered to do his thing...I expect a close to 0.500 team next year and a playoff appearance. In year two, I expect a top 2 finish in the BC division and at least another trip to the Western Conference final. I belive there is enough young talent here and coming to warrant these expectations in the next couple of years. If it is no where near close to happening after 2 seasons, Clark will start to feel the wrath of COOGSUPEREFAN but in the meantime, it's just more GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!

KBF
(Login Diaperz)
Unwanted Creeps

Coogs lets clear the bull**** for this one.....

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 6:22 PM 

The evidence is there plain and simple. Old Deano had a 5 year contract with the Blazers. Let's see, what he did.

Coached the first ever Blazer team to not make the playoffs. 4 1st round playoff losses. Winning a grande total of 2 games. Completely wiped out the depth of talent with this team. Trading away Christensen and Slade, to get 4 nobodies who didn't even last 4 games combined with the Blazers. Arrogant, plays favorites, he's a douchebag.

You guys got a great player in Connolly. The kid may suffer under a guy like Clark. There have been quite a few coaching vacancies the past 2 years since he was given the frozen boot up the ass out of Kamloops. I barely heard a word of any of the teams being remotley interested in his services.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

YOU CAN'T JUST ERASE WHAT...

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 6:42 PM 

he accomplished in the past. Some very good Calgary teams (however playoff under-achieved) with lots of young talent developed to their potential. Helped, for a very shot time, develop some of the best players Brandon has seen this decade into a team that eventually was one of the VERY few teams from the East Division to play for the WHL title in the last decade. TRIED hard happy.gif...to no avail in an environment that was, debateably, in worse shape than PG for many years...God bless him for bothering to hang around that long in that mess happy.gif I'll give him 2 full years with full control of the coaching position with very poor results before I cast any judgement...almost ANYONE can change.

KBF
(Login Diaperz)
Unwanted Creeps

Why is there always a shot at Kamloops every single post of yours?

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 7:18 PM 

As for being in worse shape than the Cougars? Are you kidding me? Besides a cinderella once or twice, what have they accomplished? Look at your fanbase, nowhere near the fanbase in Kamloops. As for "sticking around", everybody couldn't wait to give the boot to that guy.

As for his "accomplishments". Please, anyone could of coached that Calgary Hitmen team and done the same thing.

NoName
(no login)

Re: Why is there always a shot at Kamloops every single post of yours?

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 8:33 PM 

listen Kamloops did the right thing and fired his ass. I haven't heard a good thing about him or his coaching or organizational skills. As far as arrogant he'll fit right in with the other arrogant misfits in that organization. They continue to hire friends and buddies and where has it got them. Still and alway will be the laughing stock of the league..........................!!!!!Hey coogsfan if the shoe fits........just exactly how long has P.G been in the league......how many divisions have they won? How many division titles? How many conference titles? Any Whl titles!!! Any memorial cup appearances. However always in contention for a top draft pick. But hey they manage to screw that up most of the time. If some parents are unhappy with their son's ice time b4 just you wait. Privately alot of these kids don't want to come back and mark my words they'll be a lot of surprises.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

EXCEPT...

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 9:50 PM 

If you had been around for more than just a little while, it wouldn't surprise you. NOTHING short of a Habscheid hiring for GM, or a Dallas firing would surprise any of the die hards here. Very few in PG will be surprised at all by what may happen according to your crystal ball with this organization...we are very used to it happy.gif So much for you having a really cool scoop "scoop" happy.gif

SportsFan82
(Login SportsFan82)

I can't say

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 8:40 PM 

I'm surprised by this decision. The Cougars wanted a coach with more experience. Clark has that. In fact, of the nine head coaches the Cougars have had since relocating to P.G., this guy carries more WHL games of experience than any of our past coaches at the times they were hired. That being said, serious struggles of the Blazers in his last few years there raises eyebrows. Were the teams that bad? How much of those struggles were directly related to Clark?
With this management group in place, this is as good as it gets for the Cougars for coaches. He can't be worse than Klippenstein, Schoneck or Vandecamp. Again, I'm going to hold off any harsh criticism until next season begins.
Another unfortunate fact is our better coaches were castoffs from Kamloops. I agree the Cougars kept Dempsey on board too long, but he was one of the more successful coaches here.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

AAAAAARGH!!! ARE YOU NUTS?...

No score for this post
April 28 2009, 9:58 PM 

Dempsey took a very talented team with incredible potential, a solid, healthy hockey environment(the business and PR end was a mess though), and easily the most amazing fan base in the league and cmpletely destroyed it all in about 2 years. He started a downward spiral in the environment of this organization that they have yet to recover from. This after doing the exact same thing in Kamloops shortly before coming here.

The Pucks
(no login)

its been almost 24 hours .................

No score for this post
April 29 2009, 9:32 AM 

since the news, a little time to digest it.

I am a little dissapointed Clark got the job, but I am very dissapointed in 2 things, 1st the lenght of the contract. 5 years? You have to be kidding me, what the fear here is if he has a poor 1st season, followed by a bad start in the 2nd year, we are stuck with him, he will get to coach for a minimum of 3 bad seasons before Brodsky will pull the plug. Basically no pressure, a free ride. I just hope there is some sort of out clause.

The real dissapointment is there was a glimmer of hope that Brodsky would do what many of us want and bring in a high profile guy to run the team, not just coach. Obviously that is not happening, or atleast not happening for atleast 3 years as I outlined above.

Dean Clark as coach? Well there is a justified argument that he could be the best coach the Cougars have had, but thats not a hard level to acheive. But there is hope, maybe his stints in Brandon and Calgary are the real Clark and Kamloops was a hard lesson he had to learn? They say sometimes you have to loose to learn to win.

I will give him a chance to prove his worth to start the season, I will hold off any barbs and attacks, give him a chance to do his job. I really hope he can right the ship, the fans of this team deserve it.

(Login SportsFan82)

Still no major surprise...........

No score for this post
April 29 2009, 10:45 AM 

Any knowledgeable person on this chat board wanted to see the Cougars bring in a high profile hockey type to run the team as well, but did we really expect the management group to change? This move makes perfect sense in the eyes of Rick, Dallas and company. Think about it. They keep their positions and bring in a guy with lots of WHL experience, who's even willing to take on a smaller role himself, as he also held general manager duties in Kamloops.

I'm not going to jump the gun and make any harsh judgements on this decision yet. Also, keep in mind that the Blazers were dealing with financial issues when Clark was there. So in addition to those distractions, he was taking on two roles as head coach and GM. Maybe he just needs another chance.

This isn't Don Hay, but you have to consider Clark as a head coach an upgrade over Klipper and Schoneck. He even called Dallas and Rick character guys and said he has respect for them. Wow, you don't hear comments like that regarding this ownership group everyday. LOL. Of course, he's not going to say anything bad after just being inked to a five-year contract either.

The Pucks
(no login)

One correction

No score for this post
April 29 2009, 1:13 PM 

Stan Butler is the best coach the Cougars have had, I almost forgot about him, when he and Polonich left that was a kick to the teeth of the Cougars.

If Clark can prove to be a better coach than Butler then he will be doing a great job.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

GLAD YOU ADDED THAT...

No score for this post
April 29 2009, 1:56 PM 

I would have had an "issue" if you didn't happy.gif That was the first real obvious sign that this organization was in BIG trouble long term as far as upper management goes...then the Dumpsey hiring...WOW! Now THAT was a serious 1-2 punch.

KBF
(no login)

Yeah, don't blame financial issues

No score for this post
April 29 2009, 2:05 PM 

For stupidity. Financial issues had nothing to do with the horrible trades, favoritism to certain players, and a complete lack of talent for spotting talent.

The Pucks
(no login)

Thank God ....................

No score for this post
April 29 2009, 2:49 PM 

he isnt the GM here, ..................... we have Dallas to do all those things.

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

NOWTHAT is FUNNY...

No score for this post
April 29 2009, 5:13 PM 

Yeah! We got one of the best screw up GM'S around, we did not need an upgrade in that area.

KBF
(Login Diaperz)
Unwanted Creeps

Hopefully he's changed

No score for this post
May 5 2009, 11:16 PM 

nm

The Pucks
(no login)

Nice of you ....................

No score for this post
May 6 2009, 5:57 AM 

to show up again 6 days later and post the same exact thing. Im starting to wonder if your just a drunk who cant remember what he has done. I find it really sad that you keep bitching and moaning about Dean Clark the GM when he wont be doing that job. Oh by the way, bringing up his wife in the title was ver low, even for you.

I dont have to wonder about one thing, your a bitter, bitter person.

Louie
(no login)

Your new name ( CRYBABY KBF )

No score for this post
May 6 2009, 7:58 AM 

Hey, KBF,go cry to someone who cares! I hope we stomp the S#!T out of the bloozers next year so that you really have something to CRY CRY CRY ABOUT!!!

KBF
(Login Diaperz)
Unwanted Creeps

We both know

No score for this post
May 6 2009, 8:55 AM 

The Blazers own the Cougars during the regular season on a regular basis. So, wishful thinking there bud.

Louie
(no login)

Why

No score for this post
May 6 2009, 4:29 PM 

Then why all the crying on this message board??? Don't the Bloozers have a place for you, or are they sick of your rants too!!!

COOGSUPERFAN
(no login)

HOLY CRAP THAT'S FUNNY...

No score for this post
May 6 2009, 9:33 PM 

That has to be the WEAKEST comeback I have EVER heard. Imagine going up to a good buddy in a sports bar to bug him about his team and DARING to say, "Man! We own you sometimes in the regular season!" In this case, of course, his response would be...(after he got up off the ground from laughing so hard), "You idiot! Who gives a @#$@# about the regular season...we have beaten you in the playoffs EVERY time we have ever met...Man you're a schmuck!" "It's a good thing your my buddy cause if you weren't, I'd have to shoot you to put you out of your miserey of stupidity " happy.gif That witty retort really made my night. happy.gif Thanks KBF, like I have learned and often say... "EVERYONE is good for something...even if it is for a bad example" happy.gif

KBF
(Login Diaperz)
Unwanted Creeps

Or is it funniest when....

No score for this post
May 7 2009, 6:52 PM 

A fan (You) of a team who hasn't even 1 freakin banner in it's existence in 15 years, talks **** and attacks other team's with winning traditions. You are a waste of sperm.

And I know it wasn't as good as your BLOOZERS remarks. When are you going to use the remaining IQ points you have left, to come up with something actually smart and witty? Intead of your usual. Talkin in caps, sounding like a drunken retard.

YEAHHHH THE BLOOZERS OHHH YEAH I DON'T LIKE THAT TEAM BECAUSE EVEN AFTER ALL THE MESS AND CRAPPY PLAY OVER THE LAST DECADE THEY STILL HAVE A BETTER RECORD AND MORE BANNERS THAN MY **** TEAM DO.

Current Topic - Dean Clark eh'
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Den!  
Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Prince George Cougars Message Board
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: canucklechucker@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This forum, and its moderators have no formal affiliation with the Prince George Cougars, we are loyal fans who love hockey.