What are the characteristics of Julian's swing, assuming you've been able to view it? Here's my take:
(1) Economy of effort--simple, straightforward swing.
(2) Stance looks fairly narrow, not near as wide as Richard's.
(3) Trail elbow well across body at address.
(4) Lead wrist looks almost flat at address, but I can't tell for sure. I'd like to see a closeup of his grip.
(5) Short backswing, nowhere near parallel at top of swing. I'd like to see his top of backswing postition for a driver, to see how much closer, if any, it is to parallel.
(6) Would like to see a down-the-line view to see how steep and how much he comes inside on the backswing. From the face-on view, it would seem to be a straight-back backswing. I'd guess that it's fairly steep, probably steeper than Richard's backswing.
(7) His trail elbow is in front of trail hip at impact, similar to the position that Richard achieves. Would need to slow down the action to tell for sure.
(8) Hard to do with self-taping, but would be nice to be able to see trajectory and know distance/club being used.
Edit was to add a comment about stance width--see (2) and to guess about backswing steepness--see (7).
This message has been edited by Snakedoc on Mar 28, 2005 10:47 PM This message has been edited by Snakedoc on Mar 28, 2005 10:36 PM