RETURN TO INDEX  

Comport with Blake?

May 26 2005 at 1:33 AM
Snakedoc  (Login Snakedoc)
Blake Moderator Emeritus

Response to I was looking at the "Reflex Swing" site...

In describing the address Blake wrote: "The weight is distributed equally between the feet, but the right [trail] knee is relaxed and pushed slightly toward the hole so that there is a feeling of pressure on the inside of the right foot." Note he said 'pressure', not weight. Blake sought to have no weight transfer in his swing. He was trying to employ energy from the legs, not from a weight transfer. How could he do this? I think it due was at least in part to his notion that the hips should shift forward (toward the target) in the backswing. About takeaway he wrote, "...the swing begins with a press (by the right leg) followed by the takeaway, in which the legs swing the trunk to the right and the undercarriage slides to the left to balance it. The feeling is that the top part of the body is rotating around the right hip-joint." (Note: wonderful, quaint word--'undercarriage'.)

About ball position he wrote: "However, as the club does not roll and the clubhead is on line to the target for 18 inches or more, my swing gives a wide range and the ball can be placed as far forward as opposite the left [lead] toe (the lowest point of the swing) or as far back as midway between the feet, depending on whether a high or low shot is required." I find no difficulty in making good contact when placing the ball opposite the lead foot instep. If you've seen the Riviera DVD you may have noticed that in his drives Richard Wax placed the ball in what appeared to be forward of his lead foot toe. However, when I pointed this out he replied that such a position was not ideal. Even so, he was still able to make solid contact. SD

Respond to this message   
Responses

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum