RETURN TO INDEX  

Swing thoughts

September 4 2005 at 5:01 PM
Richard Wax  (no login)

Response to Counteract Relaxation?

The effort of swinging the upper body over the right hip is very much Mindy's thinking and it takes the swing out of the confined area between the feet into an area from whence there is more leverage available.

The thought of dragging a heavy weight does absolutely eliminate the hit or release leakage which would anull the entire composition of Mindy's design.

The results were both straighter and longer. However the main feeling I had was that I had added air time to the ball with no extra effort whatsoever.
A feeling of purity of pressure on ball. I feel that if one focues on the idea of "I am going to hit a golf ball", then there will be a resultant hit with hands and wrists. If one addreses the ball with the intention of dragging a heavy weight over the ball, one is very much in the mindset shown by Mindy on page 7 Figure 3.

One of my resolutions when I return to Paris is to exercise with the rubber strap to emphasise this dragging position. I'll report back to the Forum on results.

Incidentally, Mindy was very much into "mindsets". He would say that it should "feel as if"...some aspect of the swing was taking place. This does not mean that it was physically happening but rather that this was the "feeling" one should have.

Respond to this message   
Responses

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum