RETURN TO INDEX  

Finish and Weight Shift

September 18 2005 at 4:36 PM
  (Login Snakedoc)
Blake Moderator Emeritus

Response to My Lesson

Duke, I think of the finish as naturally following a correct downswing. Richard's finish tells me that his downswing is different than Mindy's, but my guess is that none of us will look exactly like Blake. And, Richard has great success with own version of the reflex swing. IMHO, not much would be gained by concentrating on the follow through.

Re Blake's weight shift. In off-line discussions with Peter, he thinks Blake had a weight shift both to the trail leg in backswing and to the lead leg in downswing. Even though his hips shifted forward in the backswing, you can see in top of backswing (figure 15) the weight of his torso is back on trail leg. The shifting forward of his hips in backswing would have eliminated any tendency to sway. My own experience confirms a weight shift, assuming I'm doing the swing correctly. I do try to do the hip shift by pushing the lead knee toward the ball at takeaway while simultaneously sliding the hips toward target a bit. It's not a big move for me. Jim

Respond to this message   
Responses

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum