RETURN TO INDEX  

leg power part II

January 6 2006 at 9:31 AM
michael talianchich  (Login aussie77)

Hi all
I have read thru the entire archive. There is some great stuff there. One very appealing article was started by "cd" called "leg power" and dated November 28 2004. I would suggest reading it with this thread.
The photos I alluded to in the previous thread are at
http://www.michaelmtalianchich.com/golfrichard1.htm
The reflex swing is based upon leg power as the sole source of power. I find this difficult to achieve.
If I pause at the top of the backswing and then initiate the downswing with my knees (rotational) or legs sliding (linear) or hips sliding, the hands and arms only move down so much. The legs etc do not bring my arms/hands/clubhead back to the ball automatically or in reflex. I have to consciouslly allow my arms/hands/clubhead to come back to the ball. So in my opinion, is not the reflex swing a combination of legs and arms. In other words, just using my legs does not bring my clubhead back to the ball. What am I missing?? Has anyone tried what "cd" advocated.
Richard mentions that he gets his leg power to work by just turning to talk to someone at the dinner table. I tried this and I must admit that I have to use my shoulders to do the turning as my legs don't do diddly squat for me. I would end up talking to the wine bottle. Any further enlightment on this subject would be appreciated

Mr confused
mike t

Respond to this message   
Responses

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum