Blogger Tricks
 RETURN TO INDEX  

My Answer to the Mystery of the Grip

March 6 2006 at 3:31 PM
  (Login ironterry)

Response to Turning Right (Trail) Arm From the Shoulder Joint

Mindy says to "screw" the two fingers of the trail hand onto the grip. I believe what he means is that the grip is held mainly by the outboard joints of these fingers. Since the club is not tightly gripped by the rest of the hand I think I momentarily allow these fingers to open a bit during the initial backswing, allowing the lead hand to keep the clubhead "on line" until the trail hand grip is closed a little further along the backswing.
My own experience with the analysis of Mindy's grip is that, with the shoulder rotation of the trailing arm, it is quite natural. I have stopped trying to analyze it, since it is working for me. Looking at Fig. 13, accepting it, and figuring out how to get my arm in that position, has been a personal Eureka. Maybe it will be of help to some others.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Upload picture, Copy the Shareable code, Paste it in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum