RETURN TO INDEX  

Backsliding?

December 20 2006 at 10:28 PM
Terry  (Login ironterry)

10 years ago I began to receive Medicare. I also took up golf. That began with a community college golf course. The school had a library and some golf books. One of them was "The Golf Swing of the Future", by Mindy Blake. I read the book and enjoyed it but found the swing unnatural and certainly different than what was taught in the golf class. Five years later I found "Golf: The Technique Barrier". About a year ago I gave up on the swing taught in the golf class. I believe that swing is for young people. I began using the Reflex swing from the latter book. It is a great improvement over what I was taught in the golf class, particularly for an older person.

Recently I felt I was having trouble with my leading some position. Eventually I got around to a four finger grip with the leading hand. Remembering the swing in the first book I closed my stance and swung. Everything worked fine and felt natural. In particular, my thumb seemed to be in the right place.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. Yes, I know, this is backsliding. But for me it seems to work.

Respond to this message   
Responses

TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

map_v2.png?u=n5pj&d=OKJzm7lv_drLZ7NWwaJO