Blogger Tricks
 RETURN TO INDEX  

Backsliding?

December 20 2006 at 10:28 PM
  (Login ironterry)

10 years ago I began to receive Medicare. I also took up golf. That began with a community college golf course. The school had a library and some golf books. One of them was "The Golf Swing of the Future", by Mindy Blake. I read the book and enjoyed it but found the swing unnatural and certainly different than what was taught in the golf class. Five years later I found "Golf: The Technique Barrier". About a year ago I gave up on the swing taught in the golf class. I believe that swing is for young people. I began using the Reflex swing from the latter book. It is a great improvement over what I was taught in the golf class, particularly for an older person.

Recently I felt I was having trouble with my leading some position. Eventually I got around to a four finger grip with the leading hand. Remembering the swing in the first book I closed my stance and swung. Everything worked fine and felt natural. In particular, my thumb seemed to be in the right place.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. Yes, I know, this is backsliding. But for me it seems to work.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Upload picture, Copy the Shareable code, Paste it in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum