RETURN TO INDEX  

Re: How Lorena Does It

August 16 2008 at 2:49 AM
Tom  (Login Roveri)

Response to How Lorena Does It

I think a lot of the distance reports for the LPGA players is promotional hype. The longest hitters on the LPGA have maximum swing speeds under 110 mph, probably closer to 105mph. For the top sluggers on the PGA Tour, the maximum speeds are around 125mph, making the distance differential between the men and the women about 45 yards under identical course conditions.

When I was much younger, I observed that a very good 28 year old club amateur player could hit a 3-wood a bit farther than the average LPGA player could hit a Driver. I think that rule of thumb holds true today.

As for how to generate maximum club head speed and deliver it to the ball, I think there are some mechanical requirements, but I doubt that "delay" or "holding back" is one of them.

Tom

Respond to this message   
Responses

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum