RETURN TO INDEX  

Re: Weight Shift in Backswing

October 26 2010 at 9:47 AM
Claude Pesant  (Login Claude12Pesant)

Response to Weight Shift in Backswing

If the weight goes to the trail foot during the backswing, the hips are turning with the shoulders. If the weight is balanced between the feet, I believe you accomplish a great deal of tension inside the legs and it should be enough for them to start the downswing. The ideal position is really to have the hips move forward as far as they can go while keeping the head pretty much from its original position. The position of my forward foot is very important because it helps my hips to slide a little bit more to my target. This foot is almost pointing to the target. This swing demands very good flexibility from the back and hips to get to the positions Mindy Blake wants us to be. Doing my drills on a regular basis helps me to improve on Blake's positions.

Respond to this message   
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum