RETURN TO INDEX  

Thumb, Grip and Hip Movement

December 31 2010 at 12:39 PM
Snakedoc  (Login Snakedoc)
Blake Moderator Emeritus

Response to Speaking of grips

I had the option of surgery to treat the joint at base of my left thumb which "popped" out of place a few years ago. A sort of "knot" formed at the base of my thumb. For a while there was some pain involved and my pinch power with left thumb and index finger was weakened. Eventually the pain subsided and I can easily get along with weakened pinch power, so I chose to do nothing about it. It's still there, but I don't think it has much, if any, effect on my golf grip.

Re my allowing a slippage of trail-hand fingers around the shaft during takeaway. I should say that there's nothing in GTTB to suggest that Mindy employed or recommended my adaptation. He described the grip change action as trail hand bending back early in takeaway and the two hands coming together naturally during the takeaway.

You didn't answer my question re whether you attempt to move your hips forward during takeaway/backswing. Jim

Respond to this message   
Responses

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum