Respond to this messageRETURN TO INDEX
Original Message
  • No conflict and no compromises
    • RichardWax (no login)
      Posted Jan 11, 2006 6:07 AM

I once read a quote from David Leadbetter who said that the golf swing was a "series of compromises". I would suggest that this explains why, by and large, it doesn't work!

Mindy's method carefully and as a result of considerable reflection eliminates compromises. It is a swing for the normal human body which has stronger legs than arms.

When one sees the movement of a woodchopper lifting an axe above his head before bringing it down, there is a change of grip as he lifts the weight. If he held the two hands together at the start of the lifting action, he would find difficulty lifting the heavy head of the blade. So he separates the hands and they come together as the axe is raised in the air.

Similarly with the Mindy backswing, the right hand is suspended above the grip at the start of the backswing. The two hands come together around knee height and from there on they are one entity. I don't feel that either is dominant. They work as a unit and are dragged over the ball with no release movement whatsoever.

Mindy's expertise as a designer of industrial inventions caused him to enlarge the size of the elements involved. His image of an enlarged club exemplify this methodology.

He would explain that the lightness of a golf club means that you can flip it around at will. However in order to find the most efficient use of it, multiply its weight and size a few times and see how the various swings function. The conventional swing would fall apart if the clubhead were exaggerated. The Mindy swing would still deliver a straight shot a predictable distance even with a mallet-sized head.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.