Respond to this messageRETURN TO INDEX
Original Message
  • Grip
    • rick (Login rickv)
      Posted Mar 21, 2009 1:16 PM

I know this has been discussed MANY times in the past. The reason I am bringing it up again is two-fold. 1) It's been awhile and maybe there are some new thoughts on this. 2) I am again going to tinker with some Blake ideas and need an answer.

First a little background. I am a former HSSer from 5-7 years ago. It completely eliminated my slice from my CG days but brought with it some other problems (hooks). I then converted to Scott H's IMA way. I found this system to be very good, but had some troubles... including the tendency for a slice to creep back in. I did mess around with some Blake stuff about 3 years ago. Not sure why I didn't stick with it... I do know I love reading Scott's question/answer column so that probably led me back to IMA. I have determined I am just no cut out to be a toe up to toe up type of swinger. I play much better with a square to the path type of clubface. Hence, the re-interest in Blake.

Here's my questions. Most importantly, I am not interested in doing any type of grip change/completion...so... what is the best fixed grip to use for this swing? I did some archive searching and found some stuff but no real "answers". Anyone have thoughts on this? And secondly, regarding distance... I read where Mindy advocates swinging slower to hit the ball farther. Is this really true... or can I "go after it" a little more to amp up the swing speed.

Thanks.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.