Respond to this messageRETURN TO INDEX
Original Message
  • Grip
    • (Login rickv)
      Posted Mar 21, 2009 1:16 PM

I know this has been discussed MANY times in the past. The reason I am bringing it up again is two-fold. 1) It's been awhile and maybe there are some new thoughts on this. 2) I am again going to tinker with some Blake ideas and need an answer.

First a little background. I am a former HSSer from 5-7 years ago. It completely eliminated my slice from my CG days but brought with it some other problems (hooks). I then converted to Scott H's IMA way. I found this system to be very good, but had some troubles... including the tendency for a slice to creep back in. I did mess around with some Blake stuff about 3 years ago. Not sure why I didn't stick with it... I do know I love reading Scott's question/answer column so that probably led me back to IMA. I have determined I am just no cut out to be a toe up to toe up type of swinger. I play much better with a square to the path type of clubface. Hence, the re-interest in Blake.

Here's my questions. Most importantly, I am not interested in doing any type of grip change/completion...so... what is the best fixed grip to use for this swing? I did some archive searching and found some stuff but no real "answers". Anyone have thoughts on this? And secondly, regarding distance... I read where Mindy advocates swinging slower to hit the ball farther. Is this really true... or can I "go after it" a little more to amp up the swing speed.

Thanks.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Here is a free (with ads) Spell Check page

Search:   for    

Translate This Forum

Â»

Need a free spelling checker add-on for Internet Explorer ? ieSpell ;After installing, just Right-Click on your message word and select Check Spelling. BobKy.

Hit Counter
    Hit Counters

Mindy Blake Bio

Please visit our other golf forums. Bonar Swing Forum, Chazman Swing Forum and Haddix Swing Forum

Also, visit the Single-Axis Golf Forum