Respond to this messageRETURN TO INDEX
Original Message
  • my first round of Mindy swing.
    • (Login DoubleGee54)
      Posted Nov 22, 2009 8:06 AM

As I posted on here last week, I have gone back to my own very open-stanced swing. Having looked at the second book from Mindy, it is obvious my open swing has many differences from 'The Swing'.

I have had a couple of range sessions this week, concentrating on the passive hands and arms; keeping the weight central with no movement to the right(back) foot; imagining I am skimming a stone and finally, pulling my hands along the line of my feet.

Yesterday and today I took it to the Course for the first time and have to say i am so very very impressed!

The main swing thought that helps is the skimming a stone concept. Although i am naturally left hand but play right handed so thus have never actually skimmed a stone with my right hand. Having said that, when I have this thought and skim with my right, keeping the right elbow in touch with my right hip .... some of my shots were amazing!!!

One particular 3 wood from a tight lie in the rough into a strong wind was so penetrating and pitch at 200 yards (gps measured) - this was I reckon, 20 yards further than my normal 3 wood from a GOOD lie.

Drives are ok too, the main problem at the moment is with the 8, 8, 10 irons .... doesnt seem to have enough ooompff.

both rounds I hit 34 and 35 points respectively of an 11 handicap ..... Any ways - delighted thus far and definitely there is something exciting and easy with this swing concept.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.