<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Index  

Canoe Lake Loop

April 25 2011 at 12:35 PM
Nate  (Login natopod)

I have been planning a trip to Algonquin for the the second week in May. We are about to book our route but I am having a hard time finding the name of one of the lake/ponds we need to get through. We are doing a loop that starts and ends at canoe lake. The part that I am unsure about is the lake/pond that lies between Treefrog Lake and Jay Lake. If anyone can help me that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Nate

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
kayamedic
(Login kayamedic)
AA Forum Group

ought to be easy to find

April 25 2011, 12:44 PM 

It does not seem to have a name. If you are worried about finding the portage it really doesn't matter

Just find the creek and scan the north shore.110 meters is short and easily confirms you have arrived at "Lake You"

(Login 00cp)

Re: Canoe Lake Loop

April 25 2011, 1:07 PM 

Its a straight forward series of portages, one will lead you to the next. The pond you are wondering about is just a little pool surrounded by muddy edges... you won't be in the water long enough to worry about its name before you hit the next portage on the other side =)

My advice to you is to do the loop from Burnt Island to Sunbeam Lake to Tom Thomson. The portages (IMHO) work better in your favour that way then vice versa.

BOL!

Sergey Stein
(Login sergeys)

April 25 2011, 2:14 PM 

Nate,
when booking a trip you need to name only lakes/rivers you are camping on overnight. Park won't ask for lakes you are going to paddle.

(Login 390404)

April 25 2011, 2:22 PM 

I did the loop 00cp mentioned last August. If I remember correctly you should be able to see the portage sign from across the lake. I think that might have been the lake with the soy sauce colored water that we were trying to not step in.

(Login sergeys)

May 10 2011, 10:18 AM 

It's kind of late - by now you might have found it by yourself, but anyway: portage sign calls it Kooey pond.

Current Topic - Canoe Lake Loop  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to Index  

Since April 9, 2012