<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

unmaintained campsites (victory and snow lake)

August 7 2012 at 1:48 PM
markus  (Login JCMarkus)

Hey folks,

Wondering if anyone can tell me the conditions of the unmaintained campsites on victory and snow lake. I'm planning a canoe lake to oxtongue lake loop, and i'm wondering if they can are suitable.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Peek
(Login btowne)
AA Forum Group

Been to Both!

August 7 2012, 1:56 PM 

Last September I was on both lakes, the site on Snow Lake is atop a giant rock. I didn't get out and fully check it out, so I can't say for sure if it's good or not - only that it's there!

However, I did move on to the site at Victory Lake for lunch. The marsh between Hobo and Victory was a little thick, but still do-able. I'll attach a photo of the site on Victory Lake - also rocky, up from the shoreline and very narrow.

[linked image]

[linked image]

The put in to the site is behind me on a grade (from the photo point of view)

Hope this helps!

Peek

alex
(Login maycock)
AA Forum Group

park lake

August 16 2012, 7:53 PM 

I was at park lake mid July doing an oxtongue river loop with my dad starting at smoke-tea-oxtongue river-park-hobo-snow then the unmaintained portages to ragged and then back to smoke.Getting from park to snow is really easy,and there is two sites on snow according to jeff's map. we didn't get out to check the campsites but they seemed fairly good from the shore. It is a fairly long paddle from park lake to snow but it's still not bad, however it would be shorter to stay at park lake. That's where me and my dad stayed our first night and it's ok if your only there for one night. The oxtongue river is a nice paddle and it's a nice trip.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Since April 9, 2012