Return to Index  

FS: Panerai Pam 249 CALIFORNIA DIAL, NEAR MINT, COMPLETE, ONE OWNER!

August 30 2012 at 1:34 AM
Palmasea  (Login Palmasea)
from IP address 66.27.63.34

100% AUTHENTIC, PRIVATE COLLECTOR, FULL DISCLOSURE:

Description from the Special Edition section 2006 on Panerai.com:
Movement: hand-wound mechanical, exclusive Panerai OP X calibre, 16½ lignes, 17 jewels. Glucydur® balance with Nivarox® I spring, 21,600 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device.
Power reserve 56 hours. Côtes de Genève decoration on the bridges. Functions: hours and minutes. Case: diameter 47 mm, polished steel with removable wire loop strap attachments (patented).
Winding crown personalised Panerai. Bezel: polished steel. Back: see-through sapphire crystal. Dial: black with luminous hour markers and Arabic and Roman numerals.
Crystal: PLEXIGLASs, 2 mm thick. Water resistance: 30 meters Strap: leather with PANERAI personalised steel sewn-in buckle.

I'm the original owner, the watch was purchased at C.J. Charles, the AD for Panerai in La Jolla, California.

The watch comes COMPLETE with all boxes and papers - INCLUDING the untouched second plexiglass that comes with the watch.

The watch has been used approx. 100 times (I'm fortunate enough to have many watches) The watch has never been used underwater or while playing sports.

The watch has never been polished or serviced, and is running well.

The case is in very good shape, 90% or better; no dings, most of the scratches are on the back of the case, next to the screws from changing straps(this is a common occurance with radiomirs due to their tiny screws which make it difficult not to scratch the case when changing straps)

There are some hairline scratches and blemishes throughout the case as well - as can be expected from a polished steel case.

The plexiglass is in good shape, some minor scratches, two in particular by the 12. I believe many of those scratches in the case and plexiglass can be removed, but I'm choosing to let the new owner polish the watch if so desired. IMHO, a watch that comes with a plexiglass nowadays is meant to have some scratches - it's part of the vintage look.

The strap is BRAND NEW! It costs approx. $360 retail. I will send the previous one as well.

Price is $11,900. PAYPAL ONLY.

I pay shipping 2nd day UPS OR FEDEX I wil only ship within the Continental U.S. ONLY!

NO TRADES PLEASE!

I have numerous references including sales on Paneristi, Timezone, Watchnet, PuristsPro, ebay etc...all under the login id 'Palmasea.'

Please email me for more scans at bipllc at hotmail.com

P.S. This is the cheapest COMPLETE and NEAR MINT Pam 249 I have come across lately in the US - especially from a one time owner - private collector. I'm only selling this watch because it's not being worn and I just splurged on a UN Toro and an AP 41mm.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by FrankV1 from IP address 66.176.215.110 on Aug 30, 2012 1:39 PM

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Pam 249TomAug 30, 2012, 6:17 AM
  Pam 249Alex LiemSep 11, 2012, 8:36 AM
 Reduced to 11,300palmaseaSep 21, 2012, 12:57 AM
  Sold, Thank you Paneristi!palmaseaSep 27, 2012, 12:40 AM