<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

warning to sellers about this guy (Ericx2)

January 18 2012 at 3:46 PM

(Login Ericx2)
from IP address 12.151.251.178

Just a quick note/warning to those selling watches here. I was contacted (via email) last night from someone claiming to be interested in a PAM that I am selling here. (David "B"/NYC). The email was a little odd in that the subject line was simply the subject line of my post, but the person stated "as the subject line indicates, I am interested in your watch - please send me description and photos". Well, my post contains both a detailed description and 13 high resolution photos. I received another email from David "B" this morning with an attachment. The email basically said "please see the attached description and photos of what I'm looking for." Well, the attachment was an EXE file. It was a program (probably virus, key logger or worse) that required you to RUN it. I promptly deleted the email, and ran an immediate diagnostic on my PC. BE CAREFUL FOLKS. There just isn't any reason why a legitimate buyer would send a seller an EXE file. If there is, please educate me.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Curtis
(Login printrep)

Re: warning to sellers about this guy (Ericx2)

January 18 2012, 4:43 PM 

Received similar emails from FS posting here and an another site. Definitely a spammer. I Googled his name and it came up with warnings from another non watch site.

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login nny07)

Nice catch Eric!

January 18 2012, 5:21 PM 

Bunch a dirt bags out there.

Respond to this message   

(Login fullcourt1)

unreal what some people will try....good catch, thanks for the heads up

January 18 2012, 5:59 PM 

[linked image]
dp
just living the dream
chicago

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - warning to sellers about this guy (Ericx2)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index