<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FSOT: Excellent 233K GMT 8 day SS DOT dial

September 3 2017 at 12:32 AM
Darron  (Login Angelus8day)
Paneristi
from IP address 108.171.135.185

For Sale or Trade for 690 (+ Cash to you)

Watch is complete, triple box, manuals, strap changer tool, tunnel strap, rubber (all other straps can be negotiated and NOT included)
This watch has some hairlines on the bezel and one tiny mark on the side of the lug (shown on 4th image below).

This is the "dot" dial, which is now discontinued. As many of you know, the newer version has the pm/am version on the dial. The dot dial is thought to be cleaner as it has 1 less hand and less text on the dial. The "dot" behaves similar to a moonphase in that the dot changes from full to empty between 9am to 9pm of the home/gmt hand. It's cool little complication not found on modern panerai now.

Cool features of the 233:
1) Dome sapphire, not too many 44mm pieces have dome sapphire, this creates great distortion on the dial when you at the watch at different angles
2) GMT hand that can be hidden beneath the "local" hour hand
3) jumping Hour hand, so when you go across timezones, you just skip to the next hour
4) seconds reset, makes setting time a snap
5) 8 day linear power reserve (mine goes from full to empty smoothly), the actual power reserve is actually over 8 days on this particular model
6) Quick change strap system....For whatever reason, this dial/watch goes with lots of different straps. One of the old timer risti's even had a post that showed the 233 with 20 different straps

I am really bummed that I am going to put this up for sale, as all my buddies that has ever had a 233, always says they regret selling theirs. It's a super versatile watch, just trying to thin the herd with a couple panerai and couple IWC.

ckXmZuzh.jpg
4IWXXuuh.jpg
Z2LOlePh.jpg
TtA273Hh.jpg
33TMRcdh.jpg?1
UzBd09mh.jpg
o5CKw0Mh.jpg
Nw0tHlPh.jpg

Price is 8188 shipped Continental US (net to me) by Wire Transfer for what you would get with your watch if you bought new, other straps are NOT included. Watch is in the bay area (Northern Cal) so face to face is OK.

I have been on this forum, timezone, and puristspro since 2010 when I first fell in love with this brand.
Contact: by text Four-Zero-8 2-1-Nine 656three OR dycommerce AT google mail dot com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Darron
(Login Angelus8day)
Paneristi

Open to trades for Rolex, IWC

September 9 2017, 9:49 AM 

114060 ceramic no date (cash my way)
IWC 3231 vintage aquatimer (cash my way)

Respond to this message   
Darron
(Login Angelus8day)
Paneristi

On hold pending funds

September 16 2017, 2:55 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index