The OEM Tan strap explained
pics and descriptions of the different OEM tan strapsJanuary 10 2009 at 2:19 PM
Gerard from Holland (Login GerardfromHolland)
from IP address 188.8.131.52
The OEM Tan strap explained pics and descriptions of the different OEM tan straps
Felt the urge to show you some differences between OEM tan straps.
To me the tan strap is as iconic for Panerai as the PAM00001 is.
It seems that for a lot of us the tan strap is just the strap that came with the watch.
Needless to say that I like 'm a lot and think they are very underrated.
Heres a pic of some of my OEM tan straps.
Nicely stored in a strapcase Wojtecki made me on my request with a black interior. Now it matches the OEM box colors.
(Thought I once saw Hammer had the same combination. Eye for detail there Hammer!)
The different OEM tan straps:
Pre-A: sewn in pre-A buckle, orange tan, backliner with a sort of leopard print, flat keeper
A-C: orange tan, brownish backliner, flat keeper
C-transitional: orange tan, light grey/beige backliner, flat keeper
D onwards: brownish tan, light grey/beige backliner, pressed lines in keeper.
Logo on backliner: later on, dont know when, the logo was pressed in the tip of the backliner of the long part of the strap. Do not know in what year!
Front of the straps:
Back of the straps:
Detail of the pre-A back
Detail of the A-C back
Detail of the C-transitional back
Detail of the D onwards back
Detail of the pre-A strap
These straps can age nicely, in my opinion. On the next pic you can see different stages of aging. With my most worn on my PAM1A
Left to right: New, slightly worn, bit more worn, and very very worn with now a very rich darker color. The very worn one looks so much better in reality than on these pics.
And a detail of the straps.
But there are more OEM tan straps.
Next to the Pre-A and the A-C strap is the original PAM195 strap, with a brown backliner. Next to that the MX tan strap, also with a brown backliner.
Hope it shows that all colors tan/brown are all slightly different.
And when I was finished doing this I could have showed some more friends of the OEM tan like:
PAV90, PAV99, the cashmere 1950 and the cashmere blackseal. All wonderfull OEM straps.
Yes its true, the OEM straps are my most favourite straps.
Gerard from Holland
E CHI IL GRANCHIO IL PRIMO NUMERALE? CERTAMENTE PAM00001
Additional pics of leopard A-strap
|January 10 2009, 3:48 PM |
Found these pics of a strap I once had.
A-strap, came with a pam 1A with the transitional pre-A box and envelope papers.
Pics are not mine, got them from Guillermo.
Tutorial a bit more complete now.
|This message has been edited by Kingsholm14 from IP address 184.108.40.206 on Jan 10, 2009 3:54 PM|
- OEM - Reneo on Jan 10, 2009, 2:38 PM
- Thanks alot, very informative..nt - Danne on Jan 10, 2009, 2:47 PM
- Great comparison - ted on Jan 10, 2009, 3:01 PM
- 100% right - Gerard from Holland on Jan 10, 2009, 3:07 PM
- Excellent job! - Greg Prim on Jan 10, 2009, 3:03 PM
- great tutorial - Terry NJ on Jan 10, 2009, 3:18 PM
- Great study Gerard. Thanks. ...Indeed, why bother aftermaket if OEM are the best outthere - Mr.Orange on Jan 10, 2009, 3:19 PM
- great post! - NachoM on Jan 10, 2009, 3:48 PM
- Excellent post, thanks for taking the time to share...nt - AndyH on Jan 10, 2009, 4:58 PM
- Re: The OEM Tan strap explained
pics and descriptions of the different OEM tan straps - Blackpam on Jan 10, 2009, 5:37 PM
- Great report... very nice collection - ed on Jan 10, 2009, 6:42 PM
- WOW!!! - BillS100 on Jan 10, 2009, 7:23 PM
- One fore the Archives Guys! Gerald, excellent work! - Rich Marchand on Jan 10, 2009, 8:38 PM
- Thanks for the great info! - Shella on Jan 10, 2009, 9:35 PM
- Thanks Gerard, definitely one for the archives nt - Nick on Jan 10, 2009, 9:50 PM
- Thanks - Archive worthy ! nt - Radhatter on Jan 11, 2009, 12:10 AM
- Thank you... - AR7 on Jan 11, 2009, 1:29 AM
- Many thanks, Gerard. A FABULOUS post!!! More... - TC on Jan 11, 2009, 2:36 AM
- Big vote from me - Michael from Melbourne on Jan 11, 2009, 2:51 AM
- Great post Gerard, thank you. This type of information... - Quapaw on Jan 11, 2009, 5:37 AM
- Very cool - Martin Wilmsen on Jan 11, 2009, 11:34 AM
- All about the ONE ,, the ONLY 1 , U know the ONE , or is that 3 Ones ;-))) (nt) - Hammer on Jan 11, 2009, 12:06 PM
- WOW--Fantastic Info! - Michael AZ. on Jan 11, 2009, 7:17 PM
- nice learning tuto !! - Thierry on Oct 1, 2011, 1:46 PM