Return to Index  

Mr. Orange made me do this (sneak peek of 28, Egiz...Egyp...Eg...and regatta)

January 19 2009 at 5:12 PM

Hªªgen  (Login KristianHaagen)
from IP address 194.209.160.195

When I stopped answering my phone, the orange bugger had me called on the loud speakers. "Mister Haagen...pls. come to the reception desk, where your worried mother is waiting".

Ralph Lauren had a personal tour with Mr. Bonati at the Panerai booth (he has a vintage Eci...Egyz..Egiz...), and his people spotted my strap on my 203 and were pretty darn pleased with it. They were almost drooling, the crazy buggers. Hence their rather tough handling of the Egy...Egiz...Egip...strap. According to reliable sources, Panerai spent quite some time doing this special thick strap with Hirsch. Admittedly, they did very well. Adds vintage feel and look to this huge critter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

28...hmmm...I brought my own and will do comparison pictures on Thursday. To me it looks like the minute markers are too short. BTW, the price is Euro 6300, not 5900 as mentioned. Makes sense, as they are reusing the Soprod machine from the early versions. No reason why it should be priced equally with the PAM26K. the finish of the 28 is the same pencil gray as the 26. So very different from the original 1999 PAM28 B. I am certain this is already gone, if 1000 have seen the press photos already.

The black regatta is da bomb...look at those PHAT numerals. Don't know if this is due to early production or if the numbers will eventually be THIS fat. The press photo is somewhat different.

This first day was extremely busy and I just checked into my hotel. The schedule is super tight the next three days, but I will of course do more shots, if Mista Orange keep bugging me for it. But I think Lars´photos, come Friday, will be worth waiting for. I will get a up-close-and-personal of all the novelties on Thursday.

Respond to this message   
Responses