Return to Index  

Now I’m the proud owner of a very special VINTAGE 6152-1 plexibezel prototype.THE HISTORY

June 18 2009 at 11:19 AM

VanniC.  (Login Vannic)
Paneristi
from IP address 157.28.1.221

Finally I'm the proud owner of a very very special VINTAGE 6152-1 plexibezel prototype. (THE HISTORY )

Dear Paneristi collectors friends,

Finally THE moment has been received for me tooMany of you know my passion for Panerai and for the history of these watches. Panerai isnt only a watch but much more than just a watch, Im glad each day to be a part of this great community.

About one year ago I finished my PreVendome collection and I decided thats time now to look for a vintage piece.
As you know the problem with the vintages is the provenience and authenticity. I wanted 100% perfect piece in both respects because this watch will remain in my collection for the future. So the target was clear....

Finally some days ago a friend of mine calls me up and told me that probably my watch popped up somewhere in the North East of Italy so my chance was close ahead
My friend told me a long story about the specialty of this watch but I was unable to understand because I never heard about a 6152-1 with a bidirectional rotating bezel which is made from Plexiglas and detachable moreover. Finally my friend capitulates and said to me: OK Vanni, the watch will be in your hands in the middle of next week, youll check out and understand everything, value it and if you agree, the deal is closed. But your decision must be made until the end of the week.

During the three days I had the watch in my hands for inspection I spoke with some friends all over the world about the watch and I got a super help from many of you. Special thanks here to some Italian and German super collectors who supported me perfectly. Again, Panerai is much more than just a watch.

Now Im the proud owner of a very special 6152-1 Rolex with LUMINOR PANERAI dial and prototype of bidirectional rotating bezel with 5-minute intervals to calculate immersion times. The watch is simply stunning and in perfect condition considering its age.

The particular bezel is probably the forerunner, the originator or prototype or whatever you want to call it of the Egiziano Grosso and so the Submersible watches of PANERAI. Its made from Plexiglas and possibly the first step in the development of the Egiziano Grosso.
As you can see on the pictures it operates in a circular flute in the Plexiglas. Within the flute you can see the additional round pits on each 5-minute position which allow that the three spring-loaded ball pins click into. Above the crown, on 3 oclock position you see an additional flute to attach or detach the bezel.

I was been told that only one picture of such a watch is known until now, so if somebody out there knows anything more about the watch or just another similar piece, I would love to hear from.

Thanks & Best,
Vanni

[linked image]

[linked image]

caseback with BREV. ITAL.

[linked image]

special holes for prototype plexibezel

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

The prototype plexibezel fitted on the 6152-1

[linked image]