Return to Index  

My favorite Quapah-ism......

December 28 2009 at 4:18 AM

mike2zero  (Login mike2zero)
Paneristi
from IP address 173.50.148.125

Bob and I had had a fervent discussion one afternoon, that was fairly frank and rather direct (read, he took me to the woodshed over something)

We hashed it out, and each got to speak our peace...and I wanted to know if we were cool....at that point he said

"Mike, we are as cool as the other side of the pillow"

I have used that line over and over since...he just had a way with words, and a way of making you feel like he was just speaking to you...and whatever you were speaking about was the only thing he was concentrating on.

I am struggling here to make sense of all this, and I am failing miserably.

My blessing is that the last subject that we spoke about was him reaching out to a mutual friend for me that I had lost contact with...this was in fairly close proximity to our little squabble...but once I told him what I was trying to do, he assured me that he would help me out and told me to ask him again if I needed to...and I know he meant it.

I agree with others, he was a true gentleman...he didn't hesitate to let you know if you needed a little straightening out...but he never hesitated to help either...

My heart breaks for his family, and the rest of his dear friends.

My hope is that someday I can have the kind of impact in others lives that he has.

God bless, and Godspeed BBQ...Say hi to my daughter Lindsey for me, and tell her I will see you both again someday.

~Mike

mike2zero
Beaverton, Oregon

Photobucket

Respond to this message   
Responses