My SIHH 2010 Panerai photos...January 24 2010 at 5:29 PM
Martin Wilmsen (Select Login wilmsenm)
High Heid Yin
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Hi all, here are the pics I took at the SIHH last Friday. Of course there's not much left to report by now but I hope you can appreciate the photos anyway.
I'll start with the remake of the PAM29 - especially for Reneo
This is one of this year's special editions. 500 units. Panerai did a great job on this one. It's much nicer than I thought it would be - I've never been a fan of the original one but I've never seen that one in person either.
The new 323 with the automatic P.2003/5 in-house calibre and circular power reserve indicator on the dial.
Another special edition, the 343 - Radiomir Regatta 1/8 second. 47mm titanium case and 500 units only.
One of my personal favorites, the 346. A beautiful brown dial, 8 days power reserve, no indicator on the dial. Housed in a 47mm titanium case. If only it didn't have a cyclops. But I love this one nonetheless. I think this watch is to replace the 268.
Another new watch with a brown dial is the PAM351. Very similar to the PAM312 but the case is titanium and the hands are gold. This is a stunning piece.
The 42mm Radiomir GMT alarm - 355. Probably not popular amongst Paneristi - but it is a beautiful piece.
Another interesting watch is the 359. My guess is that people that are new to brand will be attracted to this watch more than most folks here. As far as I know this is the first 1950's case that's entirely polished. The Luminova is beige/brownish which does look really nice. This watch has a killer strap btw and the color of the stitches matches the color of the indices.
PAM361 44mm Luminor Chrono flyback.
A very special piece - the PAM365 L'Astronomo Luminor 1950 Tourbillon GMT. Lars knows much more about this 50mm watch than I do.
Another 2010 special edition, the PAM300 Mare Nostrum. 52mm and a thing of beauty that will be appreciated by many collectors. Is it a watch that you can actually wear? I couldn't. But if I could afford it I'd buy it if only to stare at its beautiful movement. Major drools.
Another Panerai novelty is the 348 - Lo Scienziato Radiomir Tourbillon GMT 48mm. More impressive in person than in pictures. This isn't a watch, it's art. It may or may not have that Panerai DNA but this is watch is really something else. 30 pieces only and 140,000 Euro if I remember it well - but already sold out. Sorry
The new PAM335 could be described as a PAM270 in a ceramic case. This is a watch that I didn't want to take off my wrist. The movement is not PVD coated like it is on the 317 because the production process has proven to be too complicated. This watch has a darkened case back crystal instead to achieve a similar look.
Sadly I have only a few pictures of the pink gold 336 (below). I'm sure I took pictures of the other new 42mm Radiomirs but my camera's memory card tells me I'm wrong
I have had read errors on cards before but it's a first time that images are just gone. Anyway, what ya gonna do about it...
The star of the show for the Paneristi is of course the 339 - Radiomir Composite Marina Militare 8 Giorni. A very special watch in many different ways. The 47mm case is made out of a new material called "Panerai composite" which is allegedly even harder than ceramic. The watch is very light in weight. The color of both the case and the dial is brown. The bezel and the case are made out of one piece. The in-house Panerai P.2002/7 movement has an eight day power reserve. The watch is limited to 1000 units but who knows, a few hundred more wouldn't surprise me at all. It would make sense to me.
I can post all the photos separately later on if anyone's is interested.
Many thanks to the accommodating people of Richemont/Panerai Amsterdam for allowing me to take the photos at the SIHH. It was a first for me and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks for looking,
- Love the composites! (nt) - Jay Pulli on Jan 24, 2010, 5:33 PM
- Looks like the 2010 catalogue... - Kevin O'Dell on Jan 24, 2010, 5:37 PM
- Incredible pics, as always Martin. Thanks (nt) - Oliver (owenkel) on Jan 24, 2010, 5:40 PM
- Oh boy! I bet the official Panerai photographers hate you! - Kristian Hªªgen on Jan 24, 2010, 5:40 PM
- gets better every shoot... bravissimo - mike111 on Jan 24, 2010, 5:43 PM
- Martin - you did it again :) Great pics! Thanks!! (nt) - Niffko on Jan 24, 2010, 5:45 PM
- The best shots yet! Does the 29 have the Tuxedo dial? - Larry Seiden on Jan 24, 2010, 5:49 PM
- Marvelosu shoots as always, thx Martin. - Sash on Jan 24, 2010, 5:49 PM
- love your work... - Phil on Jan 24, 2010, 5:49 PM
- Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - nacho on Jan 24, 2010, 5:53 PM
- Been waiting for your post Martin ! - Terry on Jan 24, 2010, 5:54 PM
- Is it possible that you are getting better. Thanks for doing this. - Sidekick on Jan 24, 2010, 5:54 PM
- Thanks... - Martin Wilmsen on Jan 24, 2010, 7:19 PM
- Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing (nt) - Michael van Leijden on Jan 24, 2010, 5:55 PM
- Beautiful pics as ever Martin - JW on Jan 24, 2010, 5:55 PM
- As ever, your work is outstanding - Robbie-Do on Jan 24, 2010, 5:56 PM
- The pics are works of art - Jay K on Jan 24, 2010, 5:59 PM
- Wow wow wow that are beautyfull photos Martin - Polleke on Jan 24, 2010, 6:00 PM
- thanks - jak on Jan 24, 2010, 6:00 PM
- Great pix Martin!!! Next time I'm bringing a 'portable light diffuser', LOL!! nt - Nad on Jan 24, 2010, 6:01 PM
- Thanks Martin! - DenisK on Jan 24, 2010, 6:02 PM
- beautiful - W.G. on Jan 24, 2010, 6:04 PM
- Stunning Martin..absolutely stunning!!!...another calendar?? - AndyH on Jan 24, 2010, 6:06 PM
- Thank you! Wonderful photos. (nt) - Shawn on Jan 24, 2010, 6:09 PM
- Wow, nicer than real life :-) - Asi on Jan 24, 2010, 6:10 PM
- Terrific shots Martin, that good I lust after.. - rol on Jan 24, 2010, 6:12 PM
- Thanks for sharing - so many great new models! - BradyB on Jan 24, 2010, 6:13 PM
- Stunning Pics Martin! - Jord on Jan 24, 2010, 6:16 PM
- Beautiful photos. Maybe calendar material? - mark on Jan 24, 2010, 6:17 PM
- WONDERFULL !!! but I hope you're wrong about the last - Bruno on Jan 24, 2010, 6:18 PM
- Great pics! (nt) - AAG on Jan 24, 2010, 6:19 PM
- well done - sean on Jan 24, 2010, 6:21 PM
- Well done, Bravo! - kCutler on Jan 24, 2010, 6:23 PM
- stunning photos, Martin - and the 359 carry... - Volker Wiegmann on Jan 24, 2010, 6:29 PM
- Thank you Martin - Paninari on Jan 24, 2010, 6:29 PM
- Always a pleasure to see your work Martin - thank you <nt> - GUSH on Jan 24, 2010, 6:31 PM
- Thank You! - Bugsy on Jan 24, 2010, 6:34 PM
- wow... - zemar on Jan 24, 2010, 6:39 PM
- When photos are better than real life...... - Gerardo on Jan 24, 2010, 6:39 PM
- Absolutely stunning photos Martin! thankyou.. Love the 346 and 351. nt - Tim John on Jan 24, 2010, 6:47 PM
- VERY nice Martin!!!! - RIDE on Jan 24, 2010, 6:57 PM
- The photos speak. . - steveroadkings on Jan 24, 2010, 6:59 PM
- Stunning photos Martin! Thanks for your passion!!! nt - Chuck A on Jan 24, 2010, 7:04 PM
- Beautiful pics Martin, thanks for sharing - ed on Jan 24, 2010, 7:06 PM
- Wow!Thanks for the stunning pictures Martin.(nt) - Jonas on Jan 24, 2010, 7:07 PM
- Super Nice PIX !! Thanks so much. nt - Andrew Boen on Jan 24, 2010, 7:12 PM
- wow Martin great pics . . . - Reneo on Jan 24, 2010, 7:15 PM
- Any pic of the making-off of this stunning report ? - J-F on Jan 24, 2010, 7:21 PM
- thank you Martin - Tony A.H on Jan 24, 2010, 7:33 PM
- beautiful photos! Inspirational! - jbell on Jan 24, 2010, 7:33 PM
- Well done Martin. As always, your work puts a smile on my face. - Socko on Jan 24, 2010, 7:44 PM
- Oh my... - Chinanico on Jan 24, 2010, 7:50 PM
- Unbelievable shots!! (nt) - Marty on Jan 24, 2010, 7:53 PM
- As always great photos...Thanks Martin now - Bernie on Jan 24, 2010, 7:53 PM
- Bravo Maestro! :-)))))) [nt] - D-H on Jan 24, 2010, 7:58 PM
- Absolutely Stunning Martin! - Ian T on Jan 24, 2010, 8:01 PM
- Amazing Photos Martin . . . Thanks!!! - Craig LA / SCPC on Jan 24, 2010, 8:02 PM
- thx !! stunning photography asw we are used from you :)) - P@trick@Belgium on Jan 24, 2010, 8:05 PM
- I've gone accustomed to your beautiful shots, thank you ! - frankV on Jan 24, 2010, 8:09 PM
- great stuff as always martin! (nt) - John in NJ on Jan 24, 2010, 8:11 PM
- Brilliant work Martin. Thank you. nt - Paddy on Jan 24, 2010, 8:15 PM
- Thank you, thank you, thank you - and by the way - - Walt Nicholson on Jan 24, 2010, 8:16 PM
- thanks Martin - barams on Jan 24, 2010, 8:23 PM
- FABULOUS MARTIN!!! Thanks for sharing :) n/t - JZ365 on Jan 24, 2010, 8:35 PM
- M8, you should be doing the Panerai catalogues !!!!!! - Jpvfx on Jan 24, 2010, 8:40 PM
- Wonderful! - Michael M. on Jan 24, 2010, 8:43 PM
- Super shots! - Davo on Jan 24, 2010, 8:46 PM
- My God I love your Photos.... - BillS100 on Jan 24, 2010, 8:51 PM
- what else can i say? - Royce on Jan 24, 2010, 9:04 PM
- Wow! Another Amazing Job well done! - Sherm on Jan 24, 2010, 10:13 PM
- Stunning as always Martin! Thanks for sharing! - Ravi on Jan 24, 2010, 10:15 PM
- Wow!!! - Xavier G. on Jan 24, 2010, 10:38 PM
- Thank you again Martin! - Fred on Jan 24, 2010, 11:03 PM
- Amazing report ... Inspired photos, Martin - khalid on Jan 24, 2010, 11:11 PM
- thanks martin!! - niellaccio on Jan 24, 2010, 11:13 PM
- Pls show us more! - Fred Tan on Jan 24, 2010, 11:18 PM
- As always.... - ctang on Jan 24, 2010, 11:44 PM
- Stunningly beautiful pics... what a gift. - Greg on Jan 24, 2010, 11:49 PM
- Great photos Martin - LA Crows on Jan 24, 2010, 11:54 PM
- Brilliant work, as always, Martin. :-) - ewit on Jan 25, 2010, 12:00 AM
- Fantastic job, Martin. Thanks for sharing. - TR on Jan 25, 2010, 12:47 AM
- OK, I peed in my pants a little. - L on Jan 25, 2010, 12:48 AM
- Thanks so much Martin! Beautiful pics! - CGee on Jan 25, 2010, 12:49 AM
- Thanks for the amazing pictures! (nt) - JasonY on Jan 25, 2010, 12:54 AM
- Superb photography! - Dude on Jan 25, 2010, 1:57 AM
- The best thing I've waited for all week >> - ArifS on Jan 25, 2010, 2:13 AM
- The waiting was worth it!! - Danny Shin on Jan 25, 2010, 3:45 AM
- Amazing snaps Martin!! Thanks!! :) Panerai did a great job this year! nt - ReTTo on Jan 25, 2010, 3:54 AM
- Great photos - conorb on Jan 25, 2010, 4:18 AM
- Martin...you're the BEST!! - Krieng on Jan 25, 2010, 4:30 AM
- Martin, those are beautiful pics! - Eko on Jan 25, 2010, 4:59 AM
- Right on the money Sir............... - Mark/pre-V-anderthal on Jan 25, 2010, 5:08 AM
- WOW - bret marcus on Jan 25, 2010, 5:09 AM
- Stunning photos as always, Martin... - Andrew on Jan 25, 2010, 5:16 AM
- Beautiful shots as usual, thanks for the effort - Reborn on Jan 25, 2010, 5:40 AM
- Perfect in every way as usual Martin! - Shella on Jan 25, 2010, 8:57 AM
- Thanks for the new wallpaper of my computer! - hongT on Jan 25, 2010, 9:08 AM
- Wonderful pics. my complimemts! - Piero LAPIANA-Club PANERAI on Jan 25, 2010, 9:45 AM
- great great pix martin! - ChristianK. on Jan 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
- stellar pics ... - Alvin fr Melb on Jan 25, 2010, 10:54 AM
- Simply stunning - Anonymous on Jan 25, 2010, 11:40 AM
- Im happy to see this Martin...and one question. - NachoM on Jan 25, 2010, 11:49 AM
- Great stuff Martin, thx for sharing!! - RalfG. aka Cambsbay on Jan 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
- Really brillant pixes, Martin,,, thanks nt. :))) - Watch8 on Jan 25, 2010, 1:13 PM
- Beautiful pics - the 339 is the first new PAM to interested me in years. (nt) - dogman on Jan 25, 2010, 1:26 PM
- great report!! very appreciated - wingland on Jan 25, 2010, 3:04 PM
- Boring... - Action Dan on Jan 25, 2010, 8:57 PM
- OMG stunning shots, leaves me embarrassed to put my shots up, Thanks - Paul on Jan 25, 2010, 9:50 PM