Return to Index  

GTG Update & a little OT content >> 9 hours at Disney with 2 children is ENOUGH >>&g

April 17 2010 at 3:46 AM

hammer  (Login HammerHammer)
High Heid Yin
from IP address 24.43.82.89

To make me SCREAM wink.gif And >>> no wifi at Howard Johnson's Anaheim sad.gifsad.gif

Geeday mates ,, this is NOT the post Id like it too be but it's a start for now at least happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Well I've barely had time to wipe the sweat from moi brow , im beyond buggered fo sure , as the final stage of our trip is upon us ,, thats the part where i have to give my wife n kids the best holiday EVER ,, soooooo pls forgive me for me bad spelling (wats new) ,, and poor grammar (yeah another surprise right) but I didn't want to wait any longer to fire off this post which will have 2 to do till were back in the land down under , then I will truly have time to better express my feelings and the emotions ,, I've been blown blown blown AWAY  happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

M8TES is Bloody GR8 happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Surely the stand out thing for me was that my family had the chance to feel wat I do , REALLY feel the LOVE ,, no doubt the best was watching them enjoy the risti's ,, just as I do and sharing such an amazing & life changing time with all , I was ever so PROUD to have them by my side as all of u have been since the day I found the passion and community that is paneristi , we've been on this journey together since day 1 and will be till the bitter but sweet end happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

They sacrifice allot for the crazy love of my brand ,, Panerai and albeit I think they felt it before but now >>>>

They REALLY get it , so much more than just a watch u bet wink.gif

A mate summed it up pretty bloody well in a mail the other day , finding the courage & strength to speak out from my heart for the last time about the 3 years of hell we've been through was not easy , many new mates had not heard the whole story only bits n pieces here n there ,, and I was surprised since landing in cali to have risti asking me about how I had my accident ,  wat has life like livin with a COMPLETE HIGH BREAK PARAPLEGIA ,, I wanted once and for all to start at the start ,, and finish at the finish ,, and in doing so bring the closure I've been wanting/needing and dreaming about for so very long ,, too log in fact sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Sometimes letting it all hang out is exactly the therapy that enables us to move forward and start a new , dats exactly wat it meant for me , I knew my jabber was being recorded and if anyone was ever crazy bored and inclined ?? I hope one day it can be found somewhere out there in the cyber world so that anyone wanting fwiw to learn the history can , I hope never again to have to speak about it in any other form than past tense , I've got the rest of my life to concentrate on now & the future moving forward happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif 

Thank u all soooooooooooo berry much 4 affording me the oppertunity to speak !!!!! It really healed my soul ,, u could never know !!!!! Telling the story gave me the chance to finally let it all go , and I did just that on 10-04-10 , I found my self the day after the gtg (my 1st day of my 45th year) with a new chapter of my life to start , the pages empty , ready to be written happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

As these words start this new and possibly last chapter of my life ,, right here and now I'm so excited and happy that I can finally say "I would not change a thing" about the accident and injury ,, can u imagine how that feels ??? CAN U ???? 

The accident has given me chances and opportunities Id have never had otherwise ,, and I've found passion ,, love and emotions Id have never known or felt had that fateful day in November 2006 ,, not have happened wink.gif

I canne believe i can honestly say that , but in so many ways im happy it happened , i wouldnt change a thing ,, even if i could >>> i know now an intense and earth moving LOVE & a sense of FAMILY that i can barely come to terms with and ,, on so many levels ,, it touches my soul ,, my heart and all that i am , have been and will be wink.gif

On the watch front I always try to add sentiment to my watches , it makes them even more special ,, last year I decided I had to change my life or die trying , I nearly gave up and felt ashamed ,  the worst year of my life including the year i spent most of in a spinal ward ,, I wanted/needed to make 2010 the best year of my life , SURELY it has been just so , i planned my future ,, set dates & events to make it all happen , my return to the surf in january was something I could never describe ,, my 10th wedding anniversary in feb meant the WORLD to me as 3 of those years were after the accident , my bday GTG was the most awesome bday of my life ,, and it just gets better with each month happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

I made the date of april 11th the day for everything else to start new , it is so written happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Watches ,, well i must say i do have a small interest in these things wink.gif

I bought 5 watches to share this trip and the experiences that came with , the choice was easy , my Grail (remembering i am NOT a multiple grail abuser hahahaha wink.gif) my Vintage Panerai ref 6154 , mon Zero like my Hero , da BIG Bugger 285 (my wife calls it my TOUGH watch (of course the alfa bravo in me digs dat) ,, the watch my bride gave me for our 10th wedding anniversary (WOW) and of course the watch i have worn more than any other in my life  >> she has copped a FLOGGING and keeps striking a chord in me like no other ,, oui the KING of the Bling Bling ,, Pimp Daddy 140 ,, Carbon Critter ,, each watch unique 4 me and each ,, now with more sentiment and memories , when I will strap em on in this new chapter and glance upon I will remember so many MAGIC moments from this trip ,, Panerai over powers me with PASSION ,, and that said passion rules me (when the misses doesn't) ,, I hope when I am home to share some more watch related stuff from this trip in detail , well u know ,, I'm nutz about my watches and more over the people & family behind them , every time I look upon these watches I will remember so much more than just the watch wink.gif 

I REALLY REALLY want to thank so many people I don't know where to start , from the organizers of the gtg , Kia , Ravi , Mike , Micah , Craig , Ride & Eddie >>> U buggers blew us ALL away , the biggest n best GTG I've ever been to >> Period wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

To all my mates that came to San Diego and those that shared the journey with us right here THANK U THANK U & THANK U happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

BillS100 >>>  I'm so happy and appreciative for ur help and assistance with my shoulders , words simply can't explain how grateful I am ,, my busted shoulders really hurt the quality of my life , it sucks , ohhhhhhh and gregko , watch out mate !!!! U knocked me for a 6 but beware >>> I got ur bday date now wink.gif

A quick question fwiw , would anyone know where I can store my car , the only bugger is that it is for >>> 2 years sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

My cheese n kisses (misses) has given us the green light to come back every 2 years >>  it will be our family holiday we will save ,, dream and look forward to >> YAHOOOOOOOO that will keep rocking me fo sure but I do need to find a place for the red sled , dun suppose anyone would have any suggestions ?? Bugger to have to ask but Id sure love some good oil ???

I won't close with any M8tes is Gr8 comments or it's so Much MORE than just a watch , or the watch is just the GPS to find the mates & families behind the watches , I won't close with anything like that wink.gif

No because ,, I just did happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Love ya's ALL my risti brothers n sisters , my community , my family , my life happy.gifhappy.gif

April 11th 2010 Da first day of the rest of my life , paramount n proud u bet wink.gif

I've also decided on behalf of ALL the risti the world over to present the Panerai museum with the most special Pre V watch I own , it's the sexiest beauty ever , the very first Slytech Prototype # 1 ,, Numero Uno of all the Sly's both "Past & Present" i think the relationship Panerai had with Sly was really significant thus upon my departure from this earthly world she will be delivered & hopefully on display for all the future risti to be able to see ,, I hope Sig Bonati will view this as my heartfelt appreciation for the MAGIC that he has created with our brand , and within me ,, imho Panerai has an identity like no other , history rich in honor and courage , he has been at the helm since day 1 and with him steering the course I can rest assured that there will be smooth sailing ahead happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif 

Millie Grazie Sig Bonati , Alexandra , Chad & Patrizia and ALL the team behind  *MY* brand >>> PANERAI ! 

I know I owe soooooooo many emails ,, tex's and voicemails ,, I hope to get some done just asap sad.gifsad.gif

Sent from my iPad

Btw I'm soooooooooo  Enjoying da iPad , u bet , tanks 2 the Fab 3:-))

PS ..... Universal Studios tomorrow ,, our father give me strength ,, god bless and keep us all happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Sent from my iPad

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif ....................... BBQ & Drew RIP wink.gif[linked image]
[linked image]
Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers & Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses