Return to Index  

X Meeting Club Panerai (Viareggio/Italy) part 3: La Spezia and the grand final

May 18 2010 at 7:10 PM

Volker Wiegmann  (Login VolkerWiegmann)
Advisor
from IP address 93.220.235.185

Hi all,

will continue with the 3rd and last part of my report.

After a short (and pretty loud) night wink.gif we travelled to La Spezia by bus. Our target was the Museo Tecnico Navale.
Some of us have visited it in the years before but it is always worth to come back.

[linked image]

I had the chance to meet Maria (the daughter of Mario Arillo who was the first owner of my 6152/1 watch) again.
Together with Umberto Panzeri (left) and a friend of the Arillo family, who is also a museum guide at the Arsenale.

[linked image]

Giancarlo was translating the interesting explanations of Sig. Menichetti.

[linked image]

During the walk thru the museum we spotted some interesting Panerai dials...

[linked image]

...while Mr. 90210 was sent into the SLC transporter to tell the story of his lost passport again to himself - Sig. Menichetti kept him waterproof inside... happy.gif

[linked image]

The garden of the museum holds also a memorial. "Ai Sommergibilisti caduti per la Patria"

[linked image]

The names of the lost submarines are written on the wall, which holds also the "Ambra", commanded by Mario Arillo.

[linked image]

Back inside, Sig. Menichetti explained the MTM torpedo speed boat (a 6152/1 on his wrist spotted, youbet!)

[linked image]

More Panerai stuff on display was found... It was a very interesting visit for us, thanks again to Giancarlo for translating and Sig. Menichetti for being our "Club Panerai Museum Guide" for that morning.

[linked image]

History lessons makes hungry, so after the "Arsenale" we went to Le Grazie into a nice sea food restaurant. Lars ready for another great lunch happy.gif

[linked image]

Giancarlo, Graham, Ralf, Christian and Ron.

[linked image]

We returned to the hotel in the afternoon and the time went very quickly.
The grand dinner on saturday was the final. As the weather was not on our side for an "open air" dinner, we went inside the hotel, which is like a museum. It was originally built as the elegant sea side villa of turn of the century artist Galileo Chini.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Gotcha, Ron! happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

John was checking out some sharp stuff.

[linked image]

Mates is Great! Asi, Eng, Mr. 90210 himself and Donnie.

[linked image]

Lars had to get up early on sunday, so he had to leave not too late. "Goodbye, Eric".

[linked image]

John Sim, "official wine expert of the meeting"...

[linked image]

...and the day after. Breakfast on sunday morning before we had to leave.

My thanks goes out to Piero for realizing another great meeting, also to Claudio and his crew from the hotel for a great stay.

It was great to meet friends in Viareggio again. A presto!

[linked image]

Italy - home of Panerai...

Thanks for looking,
Volker

representin' the DNA of Panerai

Respond to this message   
Responses