SIHH Panerai report (please allow time for all photos to load) >>>>>>January 23 2011 at 4:09 PM
Nad (Login nadh3n)
from IP address 188.8.131.52
My trip to SIHH was not as direct as most would have flown.
I flew to Shanghai from Montreal, drove to Ningbo, flew to HK for a couple of days, and then finally Royal Jordanian to Switzerland with a transit connection in Amman
At HK airport!
I arrived in Amman at 5AM and had the chance to see the sun rise
Time for my connecting flight to Zurich:
Yummy, very familiar snack
Arriving in Zurich where I met up with some buddies for drinks/dinner!
I had an early train the next morning to Lausanne for meeting and had to wait for the Starbucks to finally open:
At the IOC in Lausanne:
The first evening was dedicated to IWC with a gala invitation. here are some pix with some of the special guests in attendance
I was ready the following morning and just needed a little espresso to kick start the day
There are so many people I want to thank for the wonderful opportunity to be invited to see the new releases......
Jean-Sebastien, Grace, Vivian, and Stefano, among others who I had the pleasure to meet during my visit!!!!
Stefano was the perfect host, showing me all the models and patiently waiting while I managed all the photos I wanted to take, "grazie Stefano"!!!!!
So, here we go.....................
PAM 382 Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Day Automatic Bronzo - 47mm - LE 1000 pieces (est. Euro 7,300.00)
I made a New Year's resolution to buy only one (1) Panerai from the 2011 collection, and THIS is the one!!!!!
The character of the case, which will continue to evolve with time, and the uniquely different dial color, all add up to make this watch the most unique intro of the year, IMO!
There are two (2) new Destro models this year - Left PAM 354 Luminor 1950 Chrono Monopulsante Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - 44mm Special Edition 150 pieces - Right PAM 368 Lumino 1950 Left-Handed 8 Days Titanio - 47mm Special Edition 1,000 pieces
A little off-topic, here is a 7 month old "Assolutamente Antique Brown" strap as the one that come with the 339......I would have never guessed!!
On Stefano's watch!
The 2011 PAM 371 Luminor Submersible 1950 Regatta 3 Day GMT Auto Titanio 47mm
My only complaint here is that the GMT is only 12h instead of the more useful 24h indication!
OK OK, here it is, the one most of you have been waiting for
PAM 372 Luminor 1950 3 Days 47mm
Word is, as previously mentioned, that the first series will be 3000 pieces in regular production, with a scond series planned.
The watch looks great and wears very comfortable.
Check out the side profile with the lines reminiscent of the Rad case:
The markings have been moved to the lugs:
The beautiful looking P3000 movement:
Stefano told me that he traveled Tuscany visiting many tanneries before selecting this one. It is an incredible strap with a wonderful patina:
I'm trying to convince myself that I want the 372, although I already have the 127!
What do you think?
PAM 375 Luminor Composite 1950 3 Days 47mm described in the new catalogue as "..in a unique numbered edition of 2,000 examples..."
THIS would be my second selection if I were to break down in a moment of weakness and buy a second Panerai!!!!!!
It is lightweight and will need some getting used to, but it's a cool looking watch and looks great on the wrist, although not very versatile, IMO!
Here's a comparison of the worn and new strap I mentioned earlier.........
Me and Grace Yeung, Communications Director, Panerai Asia Pacific
The trio of precious metals
PAM 373 Radiomir 3 Days Platino 47mm limited to 199 pieces!
This is heavy hardware!!!!
The dial configuration is inspired by a prototype that you will see later in the report.
PAM 379 Radiomir 3 Days ORO Rosa 47mm
PAM376 Radiomir 3 Days Oro Bianco 47mm
PAM 378 Radiomir Oro Rosa 42mm
PAM 384 Radiomir 8 Days Ceramica 45mm
With the smoked sapphire back
PAM380 Radiomir Blackseal Logo 45mm
PAM 386 Luminor Composite Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic 44mm
PAM 356 Luminor Chrono Daylight 44mm
Surprise, I love this new dial variation!!!!! The patina markers and the subtle Grey Daylight and minute trach really work harmoniously on this watch, WOW!!!!!!
Comparison for the lume patine:
My camera was open and this was framed in the viewfinder, so I just clicked the button, LOL!!!!!!!!!
PAM 369 Radiomir Chronograph 42mm
Here are some photos from the window displays on the outside of the booth!
It was a wonderful experience to be able to see and try on all these watches.
I hope you enjoyed the presentation as much as I have, and thanks for looking!!!!
- Marvelous job Nad, thank you for all of your contributions to the site. (nt) - Jay Pulli on Jan 23, 2011, 4:13 PM
- great report nad! FYI resolutions are meant to be broken. buy 2 - barams on Jan 23, 2011, 4:14 PM
- Great report! - steve on Jan 23, 2011, 4:20 PM
- Thanks Nad, my router is on fire now... :-))) nt - Volker Wiegmann on Jan 23, 2011, 4:25 PM
- Great Nad! Must have been a lot of fun to try them all on ;) .nt - John in NJ on Jan 23, 2011, 4:27 PM
- Awesome pics - Jeff H. on Jan 23, 2011, 4:33 PM
- Thanks for the report Nad ...... and for the time you took for that .. - J-F on Jan 23, 2011, 4:34 PM
- Great report, Nad! - Kevin on Jan 23, 2011, 4:36 PM
- Many Thanks Nad for the wonderfull report - Polleke on Jan 23, 2011, 4:36 PM
- Great detail information for this Event - KenKan on Jan 23, 2011, 4:37 PM
- Great report Nad...thanks for taking time to do this for us! - Socko on Jan 23, 2011, 4:44 PM
- Sensational report Nad...Thanks for this (n/t) - Geoff Hess on Jan 23, 2011, 4:45 PM
- Fantastic report Nad! - Russell on Jan 23, 2011, 4:46 PM
- Incredible report - Altra220 on Jan 23, 2011, 4:48 PM
- Thanks Nad ! great job !! - P@trick@Belgium on Jan 23, 2011, 4:49 PM
- Stellar report Nad! Really enjoyed. - NachoM on Jan 23, 2011, 4:51 PM
- Cool report - Grahame on Jan 23, 2011, 4:58 PM
- Thanks Nad, for a fabulous report!! So lucky to try on all these beaus!! - Yu-Ying Ng on Jan 23, 2011, 4:59 PM
- Gr8 pics Nad and thank you for all the time on this . .a BIG help! nt - adman7 on Jan 23, 2011, 5:00 PM
- Awesome Nad... Quick question... - zemar on Jan 23, 2011, 5:07 PM
- Wowza, great report Nad, we can always count on you to bring it strong! Thanks. [nt] - Micah on Jan 23, 2011, 5:09 PM
- Thanks Nad! 372 looks great but have a strong liking for all the destros! - BoroSF on Jan 23, 2011, 5:19 PM
- Love these Nad reports, feels like I'm right there.(NT) - Mike on Jan 23, 2011, 5:20 PM
- Awesome report Nad..... I wanna be you!!!! - Michael R on Jan 23, 2011, 5:25 PM
- Fantastic report and photos Nad. Thank you!! [nt] - Crain on Jan 23, 2011, 5:26 PM
- Thanks for taking the time to put this together! - rbenz on Jan 23, 2011, 5:26 PM
- Awesome post Nad. - adam s. on Jan 23, 2011, 5:27 PM
- Great stuff... thanks for making the time, Nad! Awesome shots :)) [nt] - Aurelio S. on Jan 23, 2011, 5:33 PM
- Great report Nad, thanks - AndyH on Jan 23, 2011, 5:44 PM
- Wonderful Nad .. Thanks for sharing ... One question ? - Victor Boyd on Jan 23, 2011, 5:48 PM
- Fantastic as usual!!! Thanks for the Gr8 report Nad!! <nt> - Rick-O on Jan 23, 2011, 5:52 PM
- Great report Nad... - Bernie on Jan 23, 2011, 5:53 PM
- WOW! Great report Nad!! nt - PeteS on Jan 23, 2011, 5:53 PM
- Holy smoke - and I was worried about having too many pics ;) - Martin Wilmsen on Jan 23, 2011, 5:57 PM
- Thanks for the ride Nad ... - wheaton26 on Jan 23, 2011, 6:04 PM
- Wonderful report, thanks NAD. - drac on Jan 23, 2011, 6:06 PM
- Wow Nad - thanks for the report, although.... - Gu5h on Jan 23, 2011, 6:15 PM
- PERFECT! Nad Thank you... - Jiggo on Jan 23, 2011, 6:24 PM
- Just incredible Nad!!! - JZ365 on Jan 23, 2011, 6:35 PM
- thanks nad....awesome as usual - dp on Jan 23, 2011, 6:38 PM
- Cheers Nad, thanks for the post - Asi on Jan 23, 2011, 6:50 PM
- Thank you so much Nad! n/t - Action Dan on Jan 23, 2011, 6:51 PM
- Thanks Nad - dukerules on Jan 23, 2011, 6:54 PM
- My modem just caught on fire! - RobS on Jan 23, 2011, 7:04 PM
- Excellent work Nad, thank you ! - frankV on Jan 23, 2011, 7:04 PM
- Thanks for report, was waiting for it.Hats off - nacho on Jan 23, 2011, 7:16 PM
- Thanks for circling the globe for this fantastic report! - L(uke) on Jan 23, 2011, 7:24 PM
- Great Report. - Angelo P on Jan 23, 2011, 8:13 PM
- Great Stuff Nad! Love the Wristshots! - NT - Sherm on Jan 23, 2011, 8:46 PM
- Really appreciated! Thanks for the magnificent report! <nt> - Mauiguy on Jan 23, 2011, 9:12 PM
- Awesome post Nad! Thanks. nt - Trent Goodwin on Jan 23, 2011, 9:32 PM
- Thanks Nad. I'm with you on the Bronzo (nt). - Jay (Eire) on Jan 23, 2011, 10:04 PM
- Great Report Nad.. Thanks... - JUNL - NorCal on Jan 23, 2011, 10:11 PM
- wonderful report nad !!! - niellaccio on Jan 23, 2011, 10:35 PM
- Awesome travelogue as always Nad! TFS!!! - Terry No. 2 on Jan 23, 2011, 10:36 PM
- Wonderful post, Nad! - hugewhaleshark on Jan 23, 2011, 10:44 PM
- Re: SIHH Panerai report (please allow time for all photos to load) >>>>>> - Gentil on Jan 23, 2011, 10:59 PM
- Awesome post Nad.. - amanda on Jan 23, 2011, 11:22 PM
- Great report Nad! It's the closest we can get to being there>> - Zameen Zahari on Jan 23, 2011, 11:36 PM
- simply fantastic report... - Phil on Jan 23, 2011, 11:43 PM
- Excellent report. Thank you. One question. - dgo7 on Jan 23, 2011, 11:58 PM
- Great report, Nad !! :-)) - E-Wit on Jan 24, 2011, 12:17 AM
- Stunning post nadster - Pats on Jan 24, 2011, 1:00 AM
- Awesome stunning report - thanks Nad !! - James Vann on Jan 24, 2011, 2:05 AM
- Fantastic report, Nad.. thanks so much.. my modem is permanently damaged !! - Kit on Jan 24, 2011, 3:23 AM
- Thanks for the GREAT report Nad ~~~ - sc on Jan 24, 2011, 4:58 AM
- Awesome job Nad! - Howard Lazarus on Jan 24, 2011, 5:02 AM
- Great wrist shots Nad!! - Steve@Seattle on Jan 24, 2011, 6:34 AM
- THE 372 is the bomb. defo getting that one. - TIMLUA on Jan 24, 2011, 6:53 AM
- Thanks for your report Nad!! - hongT on Jan 24, 2011, 8:07 AM
- Awesome Post Nad !!! thanx for sharing ! cheers (nt) - Tom Hagen on Jan 24, 2011, 8:52 AM
- gr8t report Nad ... you must have - Alvin fr Melb on Jan 24, 2011, 9:04 AM
- gr8t report Nad ... you must have - Paninari on Jan 24, 2011, 11:07 AM
- Thanks for the report, Nad. Awesome !!! :) nt - IrwanT on Jan 24, 2011, 11:44 AM
- Thanks for amazing reports nad - Jerry on Jan 24, 2011, 11:52 AM
- Awesome work Nad. I'm so jealous. - Rick on Jan 24, 2011, 2:18 PM
- Thank you! - Dorian (sfwatchgrl) on Jan 24, 2011, 7:18 PM
- Re: SIHH Panerai report (please allow time for all photos to load) >>>>>> - Flavio on Jan 25, 2011, 1:43 PM
- Thanks Nad (nt) - matt-uk on Jan 28, 2011, 12:48 AM
- Spectacular and striking photos... - Vincent on Mar 12, 2011, 6:05 AM