My SIHH 2011 photo report...January 23 2011 at 5:56 PM
Martin Wilmsen (Select Login wilmsenm)
High Heid Yin
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Hi everyone, here's my SIHH report.
Huge thanks to the Panerai staff on site for all the help and support. And for allowing me to make a mess of the GMT room with all my gear. And for letting me keep the watches too long while others were waiting...
Congratulations to Panerai for introducing so many great new watches this year!
I took a lot of pictures and decided to make comps again to keep this post at a reasonable size. I'll post more pictures later.
I'm starting with the PAM382 because this watch surprised me the most in person. It's going to sound boring perhaps, but pictures really do not do this watch justice. You have to see it in person. I have to admit that I didn't think I would like it much when I saw the first pictures last Monday. But I do. It's an amazing watch. Every piece will patina in its own unique way so no watch will be the same. Very impressive. And congratulations to Panerai for being gutsy enough to use new and uncommon materials such as bronze for their watches.
The PAM372 was the watch I was looking forward to seeing in person the most. It did not disappoint - this is the watch that many of us have been waiting for.
And old but good news, it's a regular production watch. 3,000 pieces this year. The plexi looks amazing. The watch comes with a really nice vintage style strap too. I have some comparison shots together with my 127 that I will post later.
The PAM371 is a 2011 special edition. In terms of looks it's similar to the automatic 305 but it has a blue dial and a GMT function. The 371 uses the P.9001 calibre as opposed to the 305 which has the Panerai P.9000 calibre.
The PAM373 has the P.3000 calibre with a 3 day power reserve. The case is platinum and its 47mm. The dial has a very subtle brown color and its design is fantastic. The use of platinum may put this watch out of reach for many - as least out of mine. I'm glad too, because if it would have been available in steel I wouldn't have known which one to buy this year...
Ok I'm going to say it... The PAM376 is the watch that I find the most beautiful of all pieces introduced this year. Even nicer than the 372? Yes. I have a thing for the Cali dial and this version is without a doubt (in my opinion) the best looking version of the Cali dials so far. The brown of the dial - which doesn't show too well in the pictures - in combination with the gold hands is stunning. I LOVE this watch. The 376 is another 2011 special edition. Perhaps many 249 owners would have been unhappy if this watch would have been available in steel, but its case is white gold.
The 47mm PAM375 is also a 2011 special edition. The case is dark brown and the dial is brown as well. In terms of design, this is basically a Fiddy but made of composite. And it has Panerai's in-house P.3000 movement of course. The weight of the watch is relatively light, but not as light as I thought it would be. I remember the 339 being much lighter. It's a beauty and high on many wish lists I'm sure.
The PAM378 is a new addition to the 42mm Radiomir line up. It's a very classy dress watch. I also have pictures of this new watch together with the steel and titanium 42mm Radiomirs that were introduced later. I will post those later.
Another addition to the normal production collection is the ceramic PAM384. The design of the watch is similar to (if not the same as) that of the stainless steel 268, which I think is to be discontinued starting this year. But the 384 does not have a cyclops which I'm sure will be a relief to quite a few of you. This Radiomir is 45mm. The days of the "fang" aren't over yet
The color of the luminova is light beige - which doesn't really show in the pictures. It still lights up green if you charge it. The beige luminova is a great combination with the black case.
The PAM379 has a pink gold 47mm case and it has the P.3000 movement. The style of the writing/engraving (Radiomir Panerai) on the dial is the same as that of the 372. The watch (with its pencil shaped hands) has a very "vintagy" feeling to it. I'm personally not a fan of pink gold but I can absolutely appreciate its looks. The watch has a brown dial (quite unlike the color of the dial of the 232) which works great in combination with the gold case.
The PAM369 is the second of the new 42mm Radiomirs. Its movement is the OP XXIII calibre. The watch has a small seconds dial, the sweeping hand is used for the chronograph functions.
Another great 2011 special edition is the PAM368. It's similar to the 47mm destro PAM217 but it has a brown dial and no Marina Militare on the dial. It has Panerai's P.2002/9 calibre (8 day power reserve) and its case is made out of brushed titanium. The bezel is polished titanium.
The last of the 2011 special editions in this post is the PAM345 Chrono Monopulsante. Another great looking piece with a brown dial and brushed titanium 44mm case. And a 8 day power reserve (P.2004/9).
The last watch is this post is the regular production PAM356 Chrono Daylight - it has a 44mm steel case and a black dial. The strap is the same as that of the 359 - one of the nicest OEM straps in my opinion.
Sadly, I only realized that I missed two new watches after I got home - the PAM380 Black Seal Logo (Radiomir 45mm) and the PAM386 Luminor Composite Marina 1950. Not sure what happened but I guess I just forgot to ask for those two pieces. Sorry about that.
More pictures to follow.
Thanks for looking
- Superb as always Martin!!!!! And added the the Archives (nt) - Jay Pulli on Jan 23, 2011, 5:58 PM
- I agree.... - Drew on Jan 23, 2011, 6:01 PM
- Always fantastic Martin!!!!!!!!!!!! Lighting was not the best in the showrooms >>> - Nad on Jan 23, 2011, 6:02 PM
- Thank you Martin. - Michael R on Jan 23, 2011, 6:02 PM
- Great² post Martin .... did you came with your own backround material ?? - J-F on Jan 23, 2011, 6:04 PM
- AMAZING - Bruno on Jan 23, 2011, 6:15 PM
- UNBELIEVABLE!!! Martin...how the hell....??? - NachoM on Jan 23, 2011, 6:17 PM
- Superb as usual Martin! - JZ365 on Jan 23, 2011, 6:17 PM
- Fantastic shots Martin - Really made my day nt. - Aaron on Jan 23, 2011, 6:20 PM
- STUNNING!!! - Jiggo on Jan 23, 2011, 6:23 PM
- As always, sonderful Martin - clifW on Jan 23, 2011, 6:26 PM
- great work as usual - garygraphy on Jan 23, 2011, 6:30 PM
- Fantastic Martin !!!! Thank you so much ... - Victor Boyd on Jan 23, 2011, 6:30 PM
- Great shots as allways Many Thanks Martin - Polleke on Jan 23, 2011, 6:36 PM
- Your pics are a thing of beauty! - Brandon Zabodyn on Jan 23, 2011, 6:36 PM
- Great job Martin. Thanks! - rbenz on Jan 23, 2011, 6:43 PM
- well worth the wait Martin, better than seeing them in person! - Asi on Jan 23, 2011, 6:45 PM
- Thanks, Martin - as always: fantastic photos! nt - Volker Wiegmann on Jan 23, 2011, 6:46 PM
- How did that new tripod head work out? (nt) - Jay Pulli on Jan 23, 2011, 6:48 PM
- Thanks Martin - dukerules on Jan 23, 2011, 6:50 PM
- Eye candy at its best! - frankV on Jan 23, 2011, 7:00 PM
- Awesome work as always... - Phil on Jan 23, 2011, 7:03 PM
- These are just wonderful... - Aproster on Jan 23, 2011, 7:14 PM
- Awesome shots Martin.356 dial, it´s georgeus.Thanks fo sharing - nacho on Jan 23, 2011, 7:14 PM
- Merci! Merci! Merci! - Action Dan on Jan 23, 2011, 7:29 PM
- Re: My SIHH 2011 photo report... - Thierry on Jan 23, 2011, 7:30 PM
- You're never one to disappoint! Nor did Panerai at SIHH 2011 - L(uke) on Jan 23, 2011, 7:30 PM
- amazing martin. thanks for the pics and the report - barams on Jan 23, 2011, 7:44 PM
- Thank you Martin. Stunning work as always! nt - adman7 on Jan 23, 2011, 7:58 PM
- AMAZING!!! - Mikeeb on Jan 23, 2011, 8:00 PM
- As always F A B U L O U S picture....Thanks Martin - Bernie on Jan 23, 2011, 8:07 PM
- No does it better! - Russell on Jan 23, 2011, 8:18 PM
- Bravo Martin! - Sherm on Jan 23, 2011, 8:20 PM
- No body does it better! - Russell on Jan 23, 2011, 8:20 PM
- Wow Martin - How do you do it? ....... - Jpvfx on Jan 23, 2011, 8:44 PM
- 372/305 - neil on Jan 23, 2011, 8:44 PM
- Awesome pics - Mark Sanders on Jan 23, 2011, 9:06 PM
- Hoi Mark > - Martin Wilmsen on Jan 23, 2011, 9:08 PM
- Thanks for sharing! - DenisK on Jan 23, 2011, 9:10 PM
- ThanksMartin - P@trick@Belgium on Jan 23, 2011, 9:20 PM
- Nobody does it better! - RIDE on Jan 23, 2011, 9:20 PM
- Great report and pics Martin, thanks! I have to say that again looking at the 372 hands.. - Micah on Jan 23, 2011, 9:21 PM
- Thank you for putting your life on hold to feed the masses. Awesome! nt - Trent Goodwin on Jan 23, 2011, 9:30 PM
- Well done Martin!!! Well done Panerai too:)!!! - steve krawse on Jan 23, 2011, 9:32 PM
- Many Thanks Martin...Nice Pics and Gorgeous watch. - Fabrice75 on Jan 23, 2011, 9:44 PM
- Thanks Martin... Awesome pics... - JUNL - NorCal on Jan 23, 2011, 9:55 PM
- Amazing as always Martin! Thank you! - Kevin O'Dell on Jan 23, 2011, 10:04 PM
- Photo report from SIHH - Gentil on Jan 23, 2011, 10:06 PM
- Thanks Martin. Appreciate all the work that went into this post (nt) - Jay (Eire) on Jan 23, 2011, 10:13 PM
- Maatje that is pure Watch Porn !!!!!! Dank U Maatje STELLA Proformance 11/10 (nt) - Hammer on Jan 23, 2011, 10:13 PM
- Schitterende foto's Martin - Julien on Jan 23, 2011, 10:20 PM
- Said it before, you really need to take this picture taking thing more seriously m8!! - Chris (London) on Jan 23, 2011, 10:24 PM
- That's why we call you The Great Faboo ;-))) - Terry No. 2 on Jan 23, 2011, 10:31 PM
- GREAT photos as always ~~~ - sc on Jan 23, 2011, 10:35 PM
- Now that is worth waiting for!!! - hugewhaleshark on Jan 23, 2011, 10:35 PM
- Just brilliant Martin, thanks mate! (nt) - ()r() on Jan 23, 2011, 10:43 PM
- Thank you Martin! - Shella on Jan 23, 2011, 10:46 PM
- Wow Martin... what stunning photos :) - amanda on Jan 23, 2011, 11:11 PM
- Wow!! Stunning Martin! Definitely worth the wait :-))>> - Zameen Zahari on Jan 23, 2011, 11:22 PM
- Great pics as usual Martin!!!! - Fabrice on Jan 23, 2011, 11:29 PM
- beautiful photos - thanks for sharing - georisti on Jan 23, 2011, 11:37 PM
- Great report Martin! - Mathew on Jan 23, 2011, 11:48 PM
- Stunning stuff, Martin !! :-)) - E-Wit on Jan 24, 2011, 12:13 AM
- Thank you Martin... - Matt on Jan 24, 2011, 12:22 AM
- Thank you thank you thank you - Pats on Jan 24, 2011, 12:41 AM
- Great stuff Martin! - Keith W. on Jan 24, 2011, 1:48 AM
- Wow! To say these are >> - ArifS on Jan 24, 2011, 1:51 AM
- Nice report Martin. - James S on Jan 24, 2011, 2:18 AM
- Thanks Martin, almost nicer than seeing them in person - Guille on Jan 24, 2011, 2:56 AM
- I'm shocked by the quality of these pics Martin...!! - Hawaiian Timer on Jan 24, 2011, 3:09 AM
- Great pictures as always, Martin.. thanks so much for the report..question : - Kit on Jan 24, 2011, 3:34 AM
- Spectacular photos Martin ! >>> - Jason on Jan 24, 2011, 3:46 AM
- Thanks alot for those impressive shots, Martin. - Ken on Jan 24, 2011, 3:48 AM
- merci mon ami. NT! - grégoire on Jan 24, 2011, 3:50 AM
- Great stuff as always Martin. Thanks! - epfunk on Jan 24, 2011, 4:01 AM
- Thank you very much.... Great pics. - Ika Ho on Jan 24, 2011, 4:24 AM
- Amazing photos!! - hongT on Jan 24, 2011, 4:26 AM
- Many thanks Martin! - Howard Lazarus on Jan 24, 2011, 4:50 AM
- Thank you for the pics Martin. - Mark/pre-V-anderthal on Jan 24, 2011, 5:20 AM
- Excellent work Martin!! - Steve@Seattle on Jan 24, 2011, 6:27 AM
- Thanks Martin. Great pics! - Barts27 on Jan 24, 2011, 6:37 AM
- BRAVO Martin! - Kerwin on Jan 24, 2011, 7:27 AM
- What more to expect from you,great photos and report!nt - JJaksic on Jan 24, 2011, 7:52 AM
- ... it was worth the wait... - Alvin fr Melb on Jan 24, 2011, 9:14 AM
- Thanks Martin, really enjoy your pics and report.... - Fabrice75 on Jan 24, 2011, 9:42 AM
- Thank you Martin - Great report (nt) - Paninari on Jan 24, 2011, 11:03 AM
- Great Report Idol Marts!:) - Peejay on Jan 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
- You got some magic skills m8! - Anders on Jan 24, 2011, 11:22 AM
- Love all of your photos Martin :) - Jerry on Jan 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
- Thanks Martin >>>> - IrwanT on Jan 24, 2011, 11:48 AM
- re SIHH Report - GoJu on Jan 24, 2011, 1:04 PM
- Brilliant as always Martin. Thanks for sharing. - Rick on Jan 24, 2011, 2:16 PM
- Martin, those are simply AMAZING shots!! Really enjoyed your great report!! nt - Yu-Ying Ng on Jan 24, 2011, 2:19 PM
- SUPER WAO Martin - Giulio on Jan 24, 2011, 5:05 PM
- SUPER WAO Martin - Giulio on Jan 24, 2011, 5:06 PM
- Good work and great pics ! Thanks for sharing. - Brian H on Jan 24, 2011, 5:12 PM
- perfect mate :-)) - Gatsby on Jan 24, 2011, 7:21 PM
- AWESOME...thank you M. !! You are second to none Martin. nt - Juan on Jan 25, 2011, 1:01 AM
- Stellar report Martin.... - :-Dan Edwards on Jan 25, 2011, 9:55 AM